Sign in with
Your question

Raid 1 setup with existing disk / data

Last response: in Storage
September 4, 2010 7:53:08 PM

Hello,
I am trying to setup raid 1 by combining my existing disk with data with a blank disk that is the same model. The AMD RaidXpert guide assures me that i can combine my existing disk with a new disk using raid 1. I followed the steps in the (less than helpful) AMD RaidXpert guide. I Defined LD in raid bios setup with out initialization(to keep data). From windows i can i can see the LD as unformatted volume,and im told by AMD RaidXpert guide to format it to use the volume. Since formatting would surely delete my data, there must be a different way.AMD RaidXpert guide fails to give anymore information on how i finish setting up the array. Help is really appreciated.

Win7 x64 Nb: 790fx
a b G Storage
September 6, 2010 5:32:51 AM

ahh I setup a RAID1 in Windows using the Intel Storage software and it had a similar "keep data on X" option. But I built it in windows and in software and it did do it (i remove the partition from the blank drive just to be sure). but the other RAID1 i setup in my system I setup in controller BIOS and they were blank drives...

so firstly verify you still have ur data on that drive and create it in windows using the software, removing the partition on the other drive so you don't get confused when choosing which identical drive has the data on it.
m
l
!