Remote turn off of mi pc

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • LAN
  • Windows XP
  • Software
Last response: in Motherboards
July 31, 2009 5:51:25 PM

Is there something similar to the Lan Card (Wake on Lan) or software to turn off the pc with windows Xp Professional?

More about : remote turn

a c 508 V Motherboard
July 31, 2009 11:55:37 PM

It can be done via software, but you need another system or remote control to shutdown your PC. How far is remote for you?
m
l
August 4, 2009 9:57:56 PM

Thank you for your answer!
It´s a Lan in a small business. I used the WOL options to turn on the computers and it worked, so I would like to turn off the PC without using a Logme in Software. The idea is that I will connect by internet to a "server" and then with WOL I will turn on the computer(s) I need. Now the problem is how turn it off.
I all ready used the SHUTDOWN -I command but I have problems because in the lan configuration of Windows Xp we dont have defined user´s , administrators, etc.. you know
Any good Idea?
Thanks a lot!!
m
l

Best solution

a c 508 V Motherboard
August 4, 2009 10:16:03 PM

Have you tried using PSShutdown? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb89754.... As long as you know an admin account on the PC, you can shut it down. I've been using it to shutdown PCs when the server's UPS detects a power failure (all systems that should be shutdown are listed in the command file to execute).

I also use PsService to stop and start services on other servers or PCs.