Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • EVGA
  • Performance
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 19, 2009 11:59:34 AM

Hey guys, im experiencing a very frustrating lack of performance from my new EVGA gtx 295 card. I can't crank the graphics to max on Empire Total War, or Company of Heroes, without getting tons of stuttering and video "lag" in game.... Empire even crashed the other day due to "lack of video memory", which is a load of crap cause I have a gtx 295 lol... I don't know what the problem is. Already downloaded the latest drivers, my system should be able to handle this. Someone please help!

My Specs:
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @2.83 ghz
EVGA GTX 295 gpu
8GB Corsair XMS DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Western Digital 500gb 7200rpm HD
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P mobo
Kingwin Mach 1 1000w psu
Apevia X-Jupiter full tower case
Lite-On all in one drive
Logitech G7 mouse, Z-5500 speakers, G15 keyboard

More about : evga gtx 295 par performance

March 19, 2009 12:07:59 PM

The GTX 295 is a dual GPU card, so it's quite particular about its drivers. I was reading somewhere that it had couple of bugs with some games, second GPU would not run, and that NVIDIA should have that resolved that in upcoming drivers.

In your case, I would uninstall the drivers, and make sure you do not have any third party apps installed like nvtune and Riva Tuner. They tend to keep the settings from the previous hardware installation.

Man, I really hope you resolve your issue. GTX295 is a pretty powerful card.
Good luck!

Cheers
March 19, 2009 12:21:00 PM

Ya, I will prolly just uninstall all the video drivers and download only the latest from nvidia. What is the best way to uninstall drivers? lol stupid question but...
March 19, 2009 12:31:03 PM

WEll this has always worked for me when upgrading cards. I would go to device manager and right click on the display adapter and select uninstall device. It would ask you if you want to delete the drivers associated with this device and then you click yes. Than just power down your PC and boot up. When windows start the device manager will find your new device and try to install drivers for it. Do not click to proceed with Windows auto installation, but rather go to the location where you downloaded the latest drivers and start the setup. Once drivers are installed just reboot your computer and voila, it should be working.
I am not sure about the gtx 295 since I haven't owned one, so maybe someone can correct me on this, but if you go into the NVIDIA Advanced Control Properties there should be an option there to see if SLI or "Dual GPU" is enabled...

Cheers
!