AMD X4 965
GA-790XTA-UD4
XFX 4890
Corsair 800D

Cooling equipment ordered:

XSPC Rasa block (+ AMD bracket)
XSPC RX360 Radiator
XSPC X2O 750 (Pump + Reservoir)
1/2" id tubing (6'), G1/4 1/2" barbs (6)
(3) 1200rpm 120mm fans

I will buy a fan controller if they are too loud but at initial install, the fans will be full 12v. I will be mounting the rad at the top with exhaust going up. Is it better to intake air downward when at the top of the case?

Is a NB block worth trying out for ~$30? Will the 790 NB run more stable at higher bus speeds(200-->250)?

Is a universal GPU block (Swifteck MW80) worth adding? Should I be concerned over video memory chips overheating with a universal block?

Can a single loop handle all (3) blocks w/o major temp degradation? 2 blocks? Only the cpu?

Currently my 4890 OC's like crap and I don't know if the NB has something to do with it. I'd also like to get my CPU at least 10 degrees down from the 65C it hits in Prime95 at stock clock/voltage.
a c 330 K Overclocking
September 15, 2010 4:17:17 PM

1.) Won't matter as long as you have good airflow into your case.

2.) Does your NB have an active cooling solution already (fan?) If so, no real need. If not, you can, but you won't see really any improvement unless you do some incredible overclocking.

3.) Yes, they are beneficial if you change cards often. Typically you only need to replace a mounting bracket at most... Just get some ramsinks for the memory modules.

4.) A single loop is possible as long as you have everything planned out well, including the amount of radiators you need to dissipate heat.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 15, 2010 5:24:13 PM

A single loop will out perform dual loop hands down..most of the time
m
l
Related resources
a c 86 K Overclocking
September 16, 2010 4:10:03 AM

So ortoklaz. most of the time.

So you know there can be many configs in layouts, GPUs, heatloads. I'm sure you know that.

It's not about single/dual loops, it's the calculations on expected heatloads and flowrates that matter. A single ovveraded loop is better than a dual underraded loop. Staements like yours just do nothing, no info, no wisdom except something you might of read.

Start over.

m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 16, 2010 7:55:52 AM

Conumdrum said:
So ortoklaz. most of the time.

So you know there can be many configs in layouts, GPUs, heatloads. I'm sure you know that.

It's not about single/dual loops, it's the calculations on expected heatloads and flowrates that matter. A single ovveraded loop is better than a dual underraded loop. Staements like yours just do nothing, no info, no wisdom except something you might of read.

Start over.

Everyone kind of went nuts over excessive radiator area in recent years, the multi-loop phenomenon is another instance of a lot of people doing it for the bling, and then trying to fabricate reasons afterwards. It's not more efficient than single-loop, and it's not more effective. It also tends to take up more space in a case, and splitting two pumps across two loops removes a level of redundancy-"flowrates that matter" right? and no "It's not about single/dual loops" it's about money.Wisdom?.. dude you got
two loops,two 3x120mm rads and you run all stock?? :pt1cable:  I'm trying to help instead of taking cheap shots or being cocky.I think you should " Start over" :sol: 
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
September 16, 2010 4:26:32 PM

Flow.

Radiator heat dissipation w/fans.

Blocks.

Outside of that, the rest are minor details unless you get something severely outdated or poorly designed.

You can run a single, dual or triple loops, but the common factor that all of them need: the ability to remove the heat from the loop via the radiators and the flowrates to provide them the ability to do so effectively.
m
l
a c 86 K Overclocking
September 17, 2010 6:38:56 AM

ortoklaz said:
Everyone kind of went nuts over excessive radiator area in recent years, the multi-loop phenomenon is another instance of a lot of people doing it for the bling, and then trying to fabricate reasons afterwards. It's not more efficient than single-loop, and it's not more effective. It also tends to take up more space in a case, and splitting two pumps across two loops removes a level of redundancy-"flowrates that matter" right? and no "It's not about single/dual loops" it's about money.Wisdom?.. dude you got
two loops,two 3x120mm rads and you run all stock?? :pt1cable:  I'm trying to help instead of taking cheap shots or being cocky.I think you should " Start over" :sol: 

Been at this a while. I run what I like to run. I have no need over stock speeds. My CPU was $500 vs $1100 due to contacts. My GPUs run silent and run everything. Why should I buy weak cards and have to OC them to be good?

As rubix said, there is more to dual/single loops. More than your catch all, no idea read it somewhere...LOL

... most of the time............

But your kinda right.

I'm more slamming your input that your knowledge. Explain, spend more than 30 seconds for your post..............
m
l
September 24, 2010 3:58:36 AM

it could be the NB block not having very good heat transfer.

this new block yer getting might have a better design that will work better.

i added a secondary rad after the CPU block then goes to the chip set and memory. soon ill be doing a video card cooler that is the reason for the secondary rad.

with the one rad my CPU 100% load OC'd 4.39Ghz with OCCT 47c after secondary rad 38c. im using a 500 L/ hr pump that really kicks ass.

do i need the water cooled chipset or ram no but looks good in the case.
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
September 24, 2010 2:30:23 PM

Seriously, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread where you have done little to actually contribute to the OP's post, but ramble on and on about your own loop that appears to be based on knowledge that Thermaltake posted in big yellow 'BAM!!' stickers on the front.

You don't need to WC your NB unless you are doing some incredibly high OC's and pushing the boundaries of the motherboard and HEAT is the only thing causing instability. Your RAM...LOL...no one WC's RAM. Since DDR2 and DDR3, system memory remains very cool by heat standards. A $15 active fan will do much more than most WC RAM coolers due to the designs of them. Please do a lot more fact-based research.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 24, 2010 4:12:38 PM

Wow.... there is just way too many people who think they know everything cause they have done a single WCing loop...

Conumdrum & rubix, we are wasting our time here m8s. No point in trying to explain stuff to people who don't care...
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
September 24, 2010 4:16:53 PM

To be honest, I like helping people find their way, but its frustrating beyond belief when you deal with people that refuse to educate themselves or learn what they attempt to drone on and on about.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 24, 2010 9:06:10 PM

rubix_1011 said:
To be honest, I like helping people find their way, but its frustrating beyond belief when you deal with people that refuse to educate themselves or learn what they attempt to drone on and on about.

Exactly. Hence why I don't bother anymore unless the OP has done his research,etc. Those are rare, esp. in WCing.
m
l
September 26, 2010 3:55:08 AM

I'm up and running now with a CPU and GPU block. Everything seems OK, but the pump is noisier than I had predicted.
m
l
!