Moto v220 or LG L1400

I just ordered 3 Motorola V220's last Friday. And today I see that Cingular
is offering the LG L1400. Both are camera phones. The V220 has a
speakerphone feature. Any recommendations? I can always cancel the Moto for
the LG. I like the exterior color screen of the LG and the interior screen
size is larger. But I believe the Motorola holds more names in the phone
book. And the LG has polyphonic and super tones. Are the super tones mp3
tones like the motorla offers?

Thanks for any suggestions
Greg
7 answers Last reply
More about moto v220 l1400

    If LG L1400 is anything like the LG C1100, I would highly avoid that. One of
    my cousins had C1100 for a week. He hated it and exchanged it three times.

    Imran
    http://www.mobileisgood.com

    "Greg" <hays@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I just ordered 3 Motorola V220's last Friday. And today I see that
    Cingular
    > is offering the LG L1400. Both are camera phones. The V220 has a
    > speakerphone feature. Any recommendations? I can always cancel the Moto
    for
    > the LG. I like the exterior color screen of the LG and the interior screen
    > size is larger. But I believe the Motorola holds more names in the phone
    > book. And the LG has polyphonic and super tones. Are the super tones mp3
    > tones like the motorla offers?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions
    > Greg

    Anecdotal information: my V220 has worked very well for me in all areas
    except the speakers. Both the earpiece and external speakers tend to
    distort on the higher volume settings, esp. while playing an mp3 tone
    or in speakerphone on the external.

    Also, get a good case, as the plastic on the external disply scratches
    very easily.

    Hello. I heard the 220 had some initial software problems with the speaker.
    If you have an earlier software version, maybe this software update will
    help. I don't know if this is an issue, but I thought I'd pass this along.

    http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/experience/mpx220/flash/softupdate.shtml

    HTH

    --
    Dana

    "Wireless Lou" <whatawhiner@Mailinator.com> wrote in message
    > Anecdotal information: my V220 has worked very well for me in all areas
    > except the speakers. Both the earpiece and external speakers tend to
    > distort on the higher volume settings, esp. while playing an mp3 tone
    > or in speakerphone on the external.
    >
    > Also, get a good case, as the plastic on the external disply scratches
    > very easily.

    That is not for the v220. It is for the mpx220.

    "Dana" <delouis@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Hello. I heard the 220 had some initial software problems with the
    speaker.
    > If you have an earlier software version, maybe this software update will
    > help. I don't know if this is an issue, but I thought I'd pass this
    along.

    http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/experience/mpx220/flash/softupdate.shtml

    > HTH
    >
    > --
    > Dana
    >
    > "Wireless Lou" <whatawhiner@Mailinator.com> wrote in message
    > > Anecdotal information: my V220 has worked very well for me in all areas
    > > except the speakers. Both the earpiece and external speakers tend to
    > > distort on the higher volume settings, esp. while playing an mp3 tone
    > > or in speakerphone on the external.
    > >
    > > Also, get a good case, as the plastic on the external disply scratches
    > > very easily.

    Ahh. Sorry. You're correct. I didn't realize moto had two different
    220's.
    It's a new phone for me, so I'll be sure to be careful that I'm looking at
    the mpx 220 vs. v220.
    Thanks!

    --
    Dana

    "Alan" <alan@erols.com> wrote in message

    > That is not for the v220. It is for the mpx220.
    >
    > http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/experience/mpx220/flash/softupdate.shtml

    Just purchased 3 1400's a month ago, all work fine. Love the big and very
    bright screen compared to my too-small too-dim Nokia 6200. About the same
    talk time, and far easier to use menu. Long term we'll see, but so far so
    good.

    Still have to get used to flip flopping vs. whip it out and go, and no
    speakerphone. But no other complaints.

    Unk

    Thanks. I ordered 3 Motorola v220's last week. But they only sent me two. I
    called them Tuesday and the offer they had was no longer valid. But they did
    have the L1400 for free on the web. I went ahead and got that one. It should
    be here tomorrow. I will give my wife one of the Motorola's and give the
    other to my in-laws. I think I will keep the L1400 for myself. I really
    don't care if it doesn't have a speakerphone. I wouldn't use it anyway. I
    think I will like it. My wife wants the speakerphone option.

    Have you found a nice cover for yours? I found a nice one for the
    Motorola's. It has elastic hinges instead of one piece leather. So it
    doesn't bunch up when you open it. I haven't been able to find one like that
    for the L1400.

    "Unk" <unkadunk@nothere.com> wrote in message
    > Just purchased 3 1400's a month ago, all work fine. Love the big and very
    > bright screen compared to my too-small too-dim Nokia 6200. About the same
    > talk time, and far easier to use menu. Long term we'll see, but so far so
    > good.
    >
    > Still have to get used to flip flopping vs. whip it out and go, and no
    > speakerphone. But no other complaints.
    >
    > Unk

Cingular LG Motorola Internet Service Providers