Sign in with
Your question

STANDBY PROBLEMS

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 19, 2009 2:31:55 PM

Hi, i have a 8800GT gigabyte graphic card... Off late, my PC after goin into standy wont wake up... this is a very strange issue... after i standby it goes off as usual... after i press the power button ( usually how i wake the system , and it was working all this while ) , the lights go ON, and fan spins and everything... but no display on the monitor.... Plz help me out !

More about : standby problems

March 19, 2009 2:45:12 PM

Yeah I had this issue for a while on my 9600gt, and then it disappeared... I am not sure if its driver related....
March 19, 2009 3:10:16 PM

any idea wat i shud do ??? i just formatted MY OS thinking it was a driver issue.. but in vain
Related resources
March 19, 2009 3:42:19 PM

I think it was related with screen refresh, after coming back on the card would default the Frequency settings above the acceptable range for my TV and thus I would not get any picture back on...
That was like 5 - 6 months ago I really dont know what I did, I know that I kept updating the Nvidia drivers and eventually that issue was resolved. It must have been with some of the screen resolution settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.
What kind of display do you have? Make sure that the correct refresh settings are selected in the display properties.
March 19, 2009 4:00:13 PM

I've fixed this issue.. i just enabled Nview settings in the control panel... and then in power options i set everythin to NEVER... this seems to ve fixed it.
March 19, 2009 6:09:02 PM

adith said:
I've fixed this issue.. i just enabled Nview settings in the control panel... and then in power options i set everythin to NEVER... this seems to ve fixed it.

Awesome! Good to know for future reference.

Cheers
March 19, 2009 11:23:29 PM

But it could also be because i installed the INF utiltity which came with the mobo... So try these 3 and u might get it to work
!