VCore Voltage Warning popping up - advice needed !

Hello all, I hope that someone can help... this is all new to me.

I have posted this in the New Build forum - but was advised to ask you guys !

The spec of the machine in question is:

Motherboard: Asus mATX P7H55-M/USB3
Processor: Icore 5 760 2.80GHz
Graphics Card: GF GT220 1GB PCI-E 2.0 HDMI
Hard disk: Western Digital 1TB Sata 7200
PSU: 600W Gold PSU 12cm 24 pin 600U
Optical: LG DVDRW
Case: Antec 300
Windows Home Premium 64bit

I have bolted everything together. I have installed Windows. I then for starters put in the motherboard disk and loaded everything (knowing that as soon as I had internet connection I would check for updates), I also loaded an Asus utility called "Express Gate" (??). I have rebooted the machine (twice on it's request). Now (and I shut the machine down straight away), a big warning message keeps popping up on the bottom right hand side of the screen when I am in Windows saying:

Warning ... VCore Voltage .800V

Here is what cpu-z is saying:

This is my first (and at this rate - probably my last) PC build ! I have no idea what the warning message means or if I am about to kill my hardware.

All help much appreciated.

Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about vcore voltage warning popping advice needed
  1. You have a chip that runs at .800 volts? you really won the CPU lottery. :bounce:
    What you are seeing is not unusual. Many motherboards do that when you increase the core voltage above the VID. If you had a chip that needed 1.200 volts to run, you would get a similar message if you increased the voltage to 1.21 volts.

As long as you do not exceed Intel's recommended voltage for the chip, you will be OK.
  2. Hi jsc

I'm not sure that I follow you... (this is all double dutch to me, as my background is software development !)

I haven't done anything apart from plug all the bits and bobs together - and install everything that came on the motherboard disk! I haven't touched
    Quote:
    increased the core voltage above the VID
    - I haven't a clue what that is !

If I look at the intel site and check the processor specification - what label am I looking for - will it say VID and give me a range of numbers ? Are you saying that as long as the Vcore number is within that range then I can sit back and relax ?

Thank you for your patience !

sgbc
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking