AMD Athlon64 3000+ Venice overclock

pricoky

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Hi guys! Need some help here!

I did a lot of search about AMD Athlon64 3000+ Venice overclocking but every time I found something there were no detailed information about BIOS settings.

My configuration is:

CPU: AMD Athlon64 3000+ Venice, revision DH-E6 (stock 1800MHz, overclocked at 2100 MHz only by modifying FSB and HTT, haven't modified voltage and RAM latencies yet). Cooled by stock cooler with another 120mm fan above it at about 7-8cm higher so the airflow is covering the RAM dimms as well
MB: Asus A8N-E
RAM: 3 x 1024 DDR400 Kingmax, PC 3200
Video: ATI Radeon HD4870 iCooler x3, 1024 GDDR5
HDD: Maxtor 80GB SATA II, Western Digital Caviar 80GB ATA133, Seagate Barracuda 250 GB SATA II
Power: Thermaltake TR-2 550W

Now if something is holding me back here, is the CPU, and I really need to overclock it at a higher frequency than it is now. I've managed to oc-it to 2400MHz stable and kept it like that for about 3 years until recently when i've changed the old Windows XP with Windows 7 Ultimate 64. It works fine but during the installation of the new OS I had to reset the BIOS because it just wouldn’t boot from the Win7 installation DVD. As I did that I've lost the overclocking settings. I don't have mutch of a vast experience in overclocking but on the other side I'm not a newbbie with computers.
I know that the CPU cand do mutch better oc than it is now or at least as it was (2400 MHz). So I kindly ask you to help me with this one. I know it's old but if someone has a similar configuration I’m sure you overclocked the CPU as well, so all I need would be the exact BIOS settings used to overclock.

Thanx in advance!

tu_illegalamigo

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
The venice processor can only be overclocked through FSB settings, because the multiplier is not unlocked. A lot of overclocking potential also depends on your board, the venice i have is now used as a file server, but back when it was a gaming pc i couldn`t get more than 220 or 225 fsb on stock cool/voltage. From my personal experience, the HT link is extremely temperamental and will shut you down everytime you try to get more juice from it.