Removing a hp laptop motherboard

thunderx1

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
When romoving the motherboard in a hp pavilion 9v9000 laptop, I have all the screws and cables detached.
It is stuck in one spot bottom near the fan. For the life of me I can't find what is holding in down. Please help!

cilas

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009

Yeh i did the same and the casing would also get stuck as the ports LAN,Serial,
Power are on a steel support adhering to the plastic case .Open the screw undernearth holding the plastic case and the steel plate together,It will then let go

victordgunn

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
These steps can help you out which I too followed from HP.com

Before you begin:
Remove the battery, modular bay device, fixed optical drive, hard disk drive, LED cover, keyboard, heat sink, display panel, top cover, intake fan, PC card assembly, charger board, audio board, and modular bay cage.
Open the port cover on the rear of the notebook.
Use a 5 mm hex driver to remove the four 5 mm x 13.5 mm hex nuts that secure the system board to the base enclosure.
Remove the two silver 8 mm Phillips-head screws that secure the left display panel support to the base enclosure.
Remove the left display panel support.
Remove the two silver 8 mm Phillips-head screws that secure the right display panel support to the base enclosure.

Note: These two screws also secure a metal shield to the base enclosure.

Remove the metal shield from the system board.
Remove the right display panel support.
Lift the front edge of the system board until it clears the base enclosure.

Important!
There is a Mylar film under the system board. Do not remove this film when removing the system board.

Slide the system board forward and remove.

----------------------------------------------------

Meagan Shoults - IT Support Los Angeles