Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

Lately, when I start my computer, I get the following
error mesage:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program:\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

R 6025
-pure virtual function call

This started last weekend when I discovered my PC had the
sasser32 virus. I installed the patch, restarted and
scanned, and that took care of that problem. However, I
still have this "Runtime" error on start up. I tried to
get into the Symantec website a few time but it would not
let me in.

I see someone reported a similar problem earlier, but I
couldn't locate any responses/correction info.

Thanks in advance,

Jac
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft visual runtime error

    Jac, take a look here
    http://tinyurl.com/3cv6p

    "Jac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Lately, when I start my computer, I get the following
    > error mesage:
    >
    > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    >
    > Runtime Error
    >
    > Program:\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
    > shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    >
    > R 6025
    > -pure virtual function call
    >
    > This started last weekend when I discovered my PC had the
    > sasser32 virus. I installed the patch, restarted and
    > scanned, and that took care of that problem. However, I
    > still have this "Runtime" error on start up. I tried to
    > get into the Symantec website a few time but it would not
    > let me in.
    >
    > I see someone reported a similar problem earlier, but I
    > couldn't locate any responses/correction info.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Jac

Configuration Visual C++ Microsoft Runtime Windows XP