Issue while trying to install windows 7

ross922

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
So I just built a new rig, I5-2500K + z68xp-ud4

I tested the dvd/cd burner and it works connecting it to another PC but for whatever reason I get constant kernel errors while trying to install windows 7 from dvds (tested/burned multiple discs), this also happens when I try to run gparted utility (kernel panic)

I am assuming its the motherboard that is defective even though the system boots to bios and all the hardware checks out.. any guess or experiences with this guys?

Thanks

i always burn ISOs in 18X and 22X and i have no issues with it, but sometimes i have to burn ISO CDs at 8X so that it can work fine in DOS

yes Test RAM as suggested, i got a BSOD when i built my rig, swaped OCZ Rams for G.skill, if you have 2 Stick test each of them individually using MEMTEST86 or Windows Memory Diagnostic

ross922

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
I cant use any software on this build, basically it boots to bios..most of the time, and when I have a DVD/CD in the drive it reports on the screen that there is a kernel error while attempting to boot to any software from the dvd/cd drive.. but the drive works when hooking it up to another PC.

Just gonna RMA it back to newegg and get a new motherboard and dvd drive (just in case), then ill know for sure if its the motherboard or not.. considering the parts are only 2 days old in my house.. best to just exchange it I think lol

Thanks for your advice guys :)

Well, OS iso is different.
Small error, and its trash, check it bit by bit and in high speed and than low speed. U'll see better results + sometimes, people put it with cheapest media available + some low quality DVD burners + people do lots of things while burning + slow older PC, and never give second taught.

I've seen even defrag while burning once. If u know what u doing, u are fine. But not everybody, right.

I still give OS slow treatment. Now I am using only USB stick anyway.

Could be RAM too. Well, good luck...

i'm talking about burning ISO OS such as Ubuntu and Win7 on DVDs, still 18X and 20X
i just use the appropriate DVD Disks such as TDK and my DVD RW+ is Sony 24X i was checking the option of verification sometimes and no errors occured,
i agree with you anyway with the burn process under low speeds to prevent any miss-writing

"i was checking the option of verification sometimes and no errors occured"

And u would be surprised what can be found.

http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html

"Small error, and its trash, check it bit by bit and in high speed and than low speed. U'll see better results + sometimes, people put it with cheapest media available + some low quality DVD burners + people do lots of things while burning + slow older PC, and never give second taught.

I've seen even defrag while burning once. If u know what u doing, u are fine. But not everybody, right."

I was not talking about u >?<

ross922

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
thanks guys for your reply, I RMA'd the MB and drive and the new ones should be delivered this upcoming week. If the same issue comes up then im gonna see if I can get the usb drive a shot