Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Issue while trying to install windows 7

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
September 16, 2011 11:21:31 PM

So I just built a new rig, I5-2500K + z68xp-ud4

I tested the dvd/cd burner and it works connecting it to another PC but for whatever reason I get constant kernel errors while trying to install windows 7 from dvds (tested/burned multiple discs), this also happens when I try to run gparted utility (kernel panic)

I am assuming its the motherboard that is defective even though the system boots to bios and all the hardware checks out.. any guess or experiences with this guys?

Thanks

More about : issue install windows

a b $ Windows 7
September 17, 2011 12:09:45 PM

Can u test RAM using LiveCD?


BTW, whats the burn speed u are using, when creating DVD? Use USB stick and don't waist your DVD's. Use the slowest u can for burning DVD.

m
0
l
September 17, 2011 12:43:41 PM

nikorr said:
Can u test RAM using LiveCD?


BTW, whats the burn speed u are using, when creating DVD? Use USB stick and don't waist your DVD's. Use the slowest u can for burning DVD.

i always burn ISOs in 18X and 22X and i have no issues with it, but sometimes i have to burn ISO CDs at 8X so that it can work fine in DOS
m
0
l
Related resources
September 17, 2011 12:46:12 PM

ross922 said:
So I just built a new rig, I5-2500K + z68xp-ud4

I tested the dvd/cd burner and it works connecting it to another PC but for whatever reason I get constant kernel errors while trying to install windows 7 from dvds (tested/burned multiple discs), this also happens when I try to run gparted utility (kernel panic)

I am assuming its the motherboard that is defective even though the system boots to bios and all the hardware checks out.. any guess or experiences with this guys?

Thanks

yes Test RAM as suggested, i got a BSOD when i built my rig, swaped OCZ Rams for G.skill, if you have 2 Stick test each of them individually using MEMTEST86 or Windows Memory Diagnostic
m
0
l
September 17, 2011 1:07:41 PM

I cant use any software on this build, basically it boots to bios..most of the time, and when I have a DVD/CD in the drive it reports on the screen that there is a kernel error while attempting to boot to any software from the dvd/cd drive.. but the drive works when hooking it up to another PC.

Just gonna RMA it back to newegg and get a new motherboard and dvd drive (just in case), then ill know for sure if its the motherboard or not.. considering the parts are only 2 days old in my house.. best to just exchange it I think lol

Thanks for your advice guys :) 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 17, 2011 1:43:06 PM

ilysaml said:
i always burn ISOs in 18X and 22X and i have no issues with it, but sometimes i have to burn ISO CDs at 8X so that it can work fine in DOS



Well, OS iso is different.
Small error, and its trash, check it bit by bit and in high speed and than low speed. U'll see better results + sometimes, people put it with cheapest media available + some low quality DVD burners + people do lots of things while burning + slow older PC, and never give second taught.

I've seen even defrag while burning once. If u know what u doing, u are fine. But not everybody, right.

I still give OS slow treatment. Now I am using only USB stick anyway.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 17, 2011 1:46:35 PM

ross922 said:
I cant use any software on this build, basically it boots to bios..most of the time, and when I have a DVD/CD in the drive it reports on the screen that there is a kernel error while attempting to boot to any software from the dvd/cd drive.. but the drive works when hooking it up to another PC.

Just gonna RMA it back to newegg and get a new motherboard and dvd drive (just in case), then ill know for sure if its the motherboard or not.. considering the parts are only 2 days old in my house.. best to just exchange it I think lol

Thanks for your advice guys :) 



Could be RAM too. Well, good luck...
m
0
l
September 17, 2011 2:12:27 PM

nikorr said:
Well, OS iso is different.
Small error, and its trash, check it bit by bit and in high speed and than low speed. U'll see better results + sometimes, people put it with cheapest media available + some low quality DVD burners + people do lots of things while burning + slow older PC, and never give second taught.

I've seen even defrag while burning once. If u know what u doing, u are fine. But not everybody, right.

I still give OS slow treatment. Now I am using only USB stick anyway.

i'm talking about burning ISO OS such as Ubuntu and Win7 on DVDs, still 18X and 20X
i just use the appropriate DVD Disks such as TDK and my DVD RW+ is Sony 24X i was checking the option of verification sometimes and no errors occured,
i agree with you anyway with the burn process under low speeds to prevent any miss-writing
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 17, 2011 2:26:49 PM

"i was checking the option of verification sometimes and no errors occured"

And u would be surprised what can be found.

http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html


"Small error, and its trash, check it bit by bit and in high speed and than low speed. U'll see better results + sometimes, people put it with cheapest media available + some low quality DVD burners + people do lots of things while burning + slow older PC, and never give second taught.

I've seen even defrag while burning once. If u know what u doing, u are fine. But not everybody, right."

I was not talking about u >?<
m
0
l
September 24, 2011 6:18:24 PM

thanks guys for your reply, I RMA'd the MB and drive and the new ones should be delivered this upcoming week. If the same issue comes up then im gonna see if I can get the usb drive a shot
m
0
l
!