RedMonarch

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
i just wanted to know wich cpu cooler was launched first, if the cooler master V8 or the cooler master V6 GT, and which one you guys would recommend for an intel core i7 (i7 950). Thank you very much.

Solution
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/34658-cooler-master-v6-gt-cpu-cooler-review-11.html

I got the V6GT and love it. It looks awesome, i like the fact you can change the colour of the light. IT cools fantastically.

Its not too loud!

I use the setting in BIOS to auto run the fans, so It only ramps up the speed when my 920i @3.8GHz is up near 100% usage. Which is only on prime95 and a particle bench test I use. All real life stuff I use like photoshop and games including Metro2033, Bad Company 2, Supreme Commander II, Gears of War, Splinter Cell etc. (all maxed out at 1080p) Run with not much useage of the CPU so the fan never really needs to ramp up.

I use 2 x HD5870's and the fans on these are louder...
The V8 was launched first and the V6GT was launched recently.
The V6GT is much better then the V8 be aware that the V6GT is quite large 165mm tall and might not fit in your case unless you have a high-end mid-tower or full-size case.
It's also loud 50 decibels on high fan if you can live with that.

J_Sparrow

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/34658-cooler-master-v6-gt-cpu-cooler-review-11.html

I got the V6GT and love it. It looks awesome, i like the fact you can change the colour of the light. IT cools fantastically.

Its not too loud!

I use the setting in BIOS to auto run the fans, so It only ramps up the speed when my 920i @3.8GHz is up near 100% usage. Which is only on prime95 and a particle bench test I use. All real life stuff I use like photoshop and games including Metro2033, Bad Company 2, Supreme Commander II, Gears of War, Splinter Cell etc. (all maxed out at 1080p) Run with not much useage of the CPU so the fan never really needs to ramp up.

I use 2 x HD5870's and the fans on these are louder then the V6GT fans.

Solution