nightstalker_ns

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
hi everyone im trying to OC my card

and that was the reason i bought the hawk one for

so ive heard it can go higher than its normal setting and now i want

an answer that was already tested

i want to know how further can i go with my GPU clock and memory clock and what fan speed to use

and i want to go as high as i can without damaging even 1% of my card

so someone tell me

GPU clock=

memory clock=

fan speed =

thanks in advance

ScoobyJooby-Jew

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
All OC has inherent risk. the risk curve just gets steeper the higher you push things. You should read more about OC'ing, AMD has some literature about it on their webpage.

Sapphires 5770 cstarts at 850Mhz and 1200MHz mem speed, I've heard a few people saying 1000+Mhz and 1450MHz speed is more than possible to run stable,
but you dont want to damage you card at all, So I would recommend not tampering with it at all, its not really necessary,
and imo, fanspeed, if you have a fan on your gfx card, put it on 100% all the time
Moto

madass

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

That will only burn out the fan faster.

Use RivaTuner to set up the fan to speed up massively on crossing say 80C.

I actually agree with moto XD, I've used my 5850 for a while now, OCing it quite often. After a while you start noticing, your fan doesn't listen to the applied fan speed in MSI Afterburner if you know what I mean. I notice that some of the time I set the speed at 60%, but the fan just whirrrrrrsssss at like 40%. So 100% is good, but i guess fan'll die faster.

As for the Hawk, it's a pretty good cooling card, so I'm sure you'll be able to OC it quite a bit. Also that has parts to do with the enablement of voltage control that MSI added. So, use MSIAfterburner and see how far you can OC it.

CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
every 5770 OC's different. iv heard of people getting Mem clock past 1400mhz but i cant put my HIS 5770 above 1350. and yes 1000+ on the core is achievable. im running mine at 1040mhz Core. and it doesnt go above 85C. but like i said every card is different.