ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD and Other Errors

arcelios

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
All right, here goes.

Around six months ago, I installed a new graphics card (Diamond Multimedia ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro, AGP version) in my aging Dell Dimension 4600, along with another 2 GB of RAM. After struggling a bit with the graphics drivers, I managed to get it work. There were several blue screens, which continued for some time until they suddenly...stopped. Completely. Now, for some reason, they're back. Even the BSOD's are few and far between at this point (there were more this morning), and seem to be mostly solved by uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them (for the sixth time). That problem has been replaced with programs "Encountering errors and needing to close", and general slowness. It is so slow, in fact, that when I attempt to open Steam to play some TF2, the "Store" tab remained completely white for a solid 20 minutes, until it just BSOD'd out.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :(

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'd probably start considering a full format and re-install of the system at this point. If that's not feasible, though, I'd probably run through the following:

1) Full Virus scan
2) Back up of all data
3) Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy spyware scans
4) Driver Cleaner to remove all instances of graphic drivers
5) RegCleaner to clean up your system's registry
6) System Defrag
7) Windows Update

-Wolf sends

TRENDING THREADS