Exec files blocked & doesn't start on safe mode & DVD-CD ROM doesn't r

http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/bounce.gif
Help!
A relative brought me her PC to fix it. When you start it (XP Home Edition) the malware infecting it start up too (one of those annoying fake antivirus), I stop it, and if I try to execute any program that might help against it, it blocks them and displays a message that it was blocked because it's infected. For instance, if I type msconfig to access Start Up in order to avoid the malware starting when I reboot the system, it blocks the execution.
I tried to start the system in safe mode, and then run antispyware/antimalware + antivirus as deemed necessary, but it just dosen't start in safe mode. I thought that reinstalling the OS would solve the problem at once, but I found out that the DVD-CD ROM doesn't read! Checked Device Manager and appears to be working normal, but it doesn't read or detect discs in it.
Please, anyone, HELP!
3 answers Last reply
More about exec files blocked doesn start safe mode doesn
  1. This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Windows XP by Grumpy9117
  2. Thanks AntiZig, I will try the fix for the register first, since I already have the antimalware. It wouldn't let run it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Safe Mode Malware Windows XP