Stupid errors making me want to destroy my comp

jameses2007

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
i have been trying to fix this error for some time now but i have tried alot of things but plz i need help...

i am installing a new OS i am uisng an XP disc i have the code and everything else needed for it i do the setup and everything but the problem is when i am installing it the blue screen of death keeps coming up and i get the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
then,
*** STOP: 0x0000000A, 0x00000010, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8051AA58

i am building a pc fom the ground up i have put in everything by myself here is a list of everything i have in it,
Western Digital 80GB HDD
Lite on DVD/CD writer SATA interface, bought the adapter to go from a IDE to a SATA
Intel Core 2 Duo
intel motherboard Classic series DG33FB
G.Skill Ram 2 Sticks 1 GB each

please help i am going crazy with this BSOD error message

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Download and install at least SP2, SP1 has serious issues with SATA and other devices. (SP2, and SP3 are both very good to install) I would install both ASAP!

bigballer044

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
In your BIOS settings what is your SATA HDD set to? RAID, AHCI, or IDE?

Also he can't install SP2/3 because he cant even install the OS in the first place.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Basically means you're trying to install XP on ur HDD and it doesn't recognize your HDD because XP was made before SATA, so it doesn't have the drivers. You have two options. Emulate ur HDD for IDE or install XP with the drivers through the the F6 method and a floppy drive, or make a new XP disc with the drivers integrated using NLite. AHCI is slightly faster than emulating IDE, but wont make that much of a difference. If you emulate it in IDE mode, XP will recognize your HDD without having to do anything. (I don't know much about that motherboard, so I dont know where the setting would be, but it should be fairly easy to find.)

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
Also he can't install SP2/3 because he cant even install the OS in the first place.
He can use nlite to slipstream sp 3 in install CD.

Basically means you're trying to install XP on ur HDD and it doesn't recognize your HDD because XP was made before SATA, so it doesn't have the drivers. You have two options.

If it would not recognize hdd he would not get even that far.

Possible problems- bad, scratched cd-get another one.
bad cd drive- get anoter one
bad memory- run memtest to check
Bad hdd- test hdd

Being 80 GB chances are he is using IDE hdd
Also that ide -Sata adapter might be causing problems

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Disable AHCI, and set the drives for IDE mode (XP doesn't like AHCI, or any modes but IDE for install). Get Nlite and slipstream the CD key, and SP2/3 onto a disc.

*Edit* sorry, it was 0430 here when I typed in that last message.

jameses2007

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009

ould it be possible for me to use my old PC it still works but is out dated and install it onto that then put in the SP2 and SP3 discs into it?

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
Memtest86. Only bad RAM could BSOD a windows install, and HD's typically don't go on short notice.

I have seen BSOD's on installation also because of HDD, CD, CD drive or CD/ CD Drive combination.

To OP:
Download nLite and SP3 and slipstream it to Your installation disk and burn new installation CD with slowest speed.
Run Memtest, also You could download Ubuntu Linux CD and try that.

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I had that exact same issue with my computer and it turned out to be the ram. Try downloading memtest86+ and burning it to a CD then boot off of that. Also try removing one mem stick at a time and put them in different slots on the motherboard.