Sign in with
Your question

Finding a capatible HP Foxconn mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
August 3, 2009 11:00:12 AM

:)  Greetings to all! I've been searching endlessly for a mobo for my HP Pavilion slimline desktop A6437C mATX Foxconn NAPA GL8E. If I could only find one that has the exact layout as mine with the same ports on the I/O plate & the onboard connectors. Form factor on mine are 9.6 x 8.5. I see most of them are all 9.6 x 9.6 & they will fit my chassis cause it has additional holes to support them. This board has no standoffs, just riser indentations into the chassis. I've GOOGLED till i'm blue in the face. The ASUS looks like the best board compared to the rest. MY Foxconn is hard to find & most are all used or refurbished. Thanks for any guidance. :) 
August 30, 2009 12:56:06 PM

:bounce: 
Well I found a board for my HP but the bad is its an Asus & not a Foxconn.
Found it off a Japan seller off Ebay & they have some others at rather good prices below $100.00 & they are brand new boards as its listed.
The model is HP Compaq Benicia-GL8E Asus IPIBL-LB & its supports Prescott & Wolfsdale cpu's & some others.
Another bad is it came with no driver cd.
It comes pretty close to my Foxconn specs.
I've been Googling to find out how to locate a cd but had some luck from HP support driver link but had to find a model chassis that the board came in to find it.
Asus Driver site was closed for repairs yesterday so I could not get them then.
I need a little help in where to start installing the drivers after installing the board.
Which drivers to start installing at first.
If i'm not mistaken it's probably the bios or should they already be installed so it will boot to the startup screen.
Another bad is i'm going to have to find a Vista cd, in less I want to load one of my WXP cd's.
Wanted to know what happens after I install the board & turn it on.
What steps do I take in getting it setup so I don't have any suprises & it makes me mad & I start pulling my hair out.
:)  Thanks for any support!
David

!