Xp pro not detecting on board lan

mike1447

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
I am working on a pc that required a reinstall of xp. I no longer have my xp home disc so i installed xp pro instead and this resulted in problems trying to load the lan drivers. It is a ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 main board and everything worked fine on xp home but i am unable to install the drivers on pro. I have also downloaded all the latest drivers from the manufacturer.

I have gone into the cmos and made sure it is enabled and i still get the error message that the device/driver could not be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mike1447

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
im not sure it keeps popping up the error message that the device/drivers could not be found. i read some other peoples post about the issue on newegg and i have gotton a xp home oem disk and will try to reinstall windows and see if it works with that set up. i also read that xp pro has trouble detecting the onboard lan with many other boards as well. im not sure why and i dont feel like dealing with **** microsoft tech support to try and resolve the issue so i will just reinstall and go from there.