Raid sata/ide Controller Card

kimmey34

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some answers here for a problem I have with my computer.

I have a
pentium 4 3.06ghz
Motherboard : AsRock P4i65G
Video Card: ATI - Raedon X1650 pro 512mb
1500mb ram
120gb hardrive IDE
640gb hardrive (where the problems are) SATA
with a cd and dvd burner aslo

Now since getting my second hardrive 640gb I found that it would drop out all the time and then after restarting it would appear. I did some investigating on the net and came up with the solution of buying a Raid sata/ide controller card. Now I recently wiped the computer clean and reinstalled windows XP home. I then went ahead and installed the the sata/ide controller card with no problems. Now when I connect the 640gb sata hardrive to the the pci card windows no longer starts up. But I did have this card installed before I reinstalled XP and it did work. I can see the drive in the bios of the card but windows will not load. Please help!!!

Thanks in advance

Kim

kimmey34

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Thanks for your reply. I ended up going into the bios and changing a setting in the pci section to power them, then I made my ide hard drive 120gb boot priority and windows started perfectly and my 640gb drive is there in My Computer.

Problem solved!!

Kim

kimmey34

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Yes and it worked, but I am still experiencing problems with my 640gb hard drive not showing up sometimes. It is a western digital so I might have a look around at getting some sort of updated drivers or maybe return it as it is still under warranty.