Sign in with
Your question

Asus G72gx DVD drive problem

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 8, 2010 2:27:42 PM

Hello,
The dvd/cd drive(HD-DT-ST dvdram GTn) does not recognise any disk.
You insert disk the lighht flashes a couple of times, it makes the usual noises and does nothing.
Has anyone experienced some thing similar?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b G Storage
December 29, 2010 2:12:02 AM

I had this problem with the exact same laptop , Cleaning the lens with compressed air and a little alcohol seems to have fixed it.
m
l
Related resources
August 23, 2011 5:46:11 PM

Quote:
Hello,
The dvd/cd drive(HD-DT-ST dvdram GTn) does not recognise any disk.
You insert disk the lighht flashes a couple of times, it makes the usual noises and does nothing.
Has anyone experienced some thing similar?

Thanks

Hi,

I've been having the same identical problem. Not sure if it's a dead drive or a software problem. I have tried all of Microsoft's online remedies (Autoplay, registry, drivers, etc.), and nothing seems to work. I called ASUS and they didn't help at all (couldn't even tell me where to buy a replacement drive). I bought an external CD/DVD drive and all I can do with it is play music. It will not Burn, Rip, or Copy.

My laptop is an ASUS G72GX-RBBX 05.

Thanks,
Gary
m
l
a b G Storage
August 23, 2011 6:32:57 PM

Hi Gary

If you've tried the Fixit scan, then you may want to double check the capabilities of the internal drive, and the external drive you purchased. Not all drives can record. You may also need to check to see if recording is enabled. To do this, right click on the drive, go to properties, and look at the recording tab.

This is an old thread from a year ago. You may want to start your own thread to get better help.

m
l
!