My children's computer is filled with junk. I have been
shown how to go to msconfig/startup to get rid of some of
it. I am always afraid I will delete something that will
really mess up the computer.Can someone please tell me
how to differentiate between junk and important? Thanks a
million.

On Sun, 9 May 2004 08:34:46 -0700, Ellen wrote:

> My children's computer is filled with junk. I have been
> shown how to go to msconfig/startup to get rid of some of
> it. I am always afraid I will delete something that will
> really mess up the computer.Can someone please tell me
> how to differentiate between junk and important? Thanks a
> million.

Oops. Disable that setting if you want multiple IE windows.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

what windows r you useing I know in windows Me and Xp if
you go to msconfig start-up and uncheck a couple of
programs it will only disable them from starting on start-
up. If you want to delete programs go to control panel
add or remove programs and delete programs like that

On Sun, 9 May 2004 13:12:57 -0700, wayne wrote:

> what windows r you useing I know in windows Me and Xp if
> you go to msconfig start-up and uncheck a couple of
> programs it will only disable them from starting on start-
> up. If you want to delete programs go to control panel
> add or remove programs and delete programs like that

Wayne, my response was a misthreaded reply that was posted in response to a
question about multiple browser windows. How it ended up here, I have no
idea.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User