Using a TV as a display via HDMI

capnspiffy1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Hello there,
I recently bought a Broksonic (yea, off brand I know) 32" Television that I am using as a Tv and a monitor. Problem is, that I have to use the D-Sub input to get my computer to work with it and that has the resolution stuck at 1360 X 768. That is fine but I would like to use a higher res as my computer has a Radeon HD 4850 card. Is there a way I can use the tv's HDMI input along with a DVI-HDMI adapter from my card to so that I can use my HDMI cable for my computer display? I did it fine when I used my 22" Norcent tv as a monitor and it ran at 1920 X 1200 just fine. For some reason it doesnt work with the Broksonic. Any help is appreciated.

Wolfshadw

Titan
You need to determine the max resolution of the Broksonic television. If it's max resolution is 1360x768. then you're stuck with that. I have an Olevia 32" TV that I use as a monitor (and tv) and it works just fine using a one-piece DVI to HDMI cable. It's max resolution is 1366x768.

If you're tv does have a higher max resolution then there shouldn't be a problem connecting and selecting the resolution you want, but I did have a problem using a DVI --> HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable. I couldn't get a signal at all until I went to the one-piece cable.

-Wolf sends