Sign in with
Your question

Using a TV as a display via HDMI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 21, 2009 1:34:13 AM

Hello there,
I recently bought a Broksonic (yea, off brand I know) 32" Television that I am using as a Tv and a monitor. Problem is, that I have to use the D-Sub input to get my computer to work with it and that has the resolution stuck at 1360 X 768. That is fine but I would like to use a higher res as my computer has a Radeon HD 4850 card. Is there a way I can use the tv's HDMI input along with a DVI-HDMI adapter from my card to so that I can use my HDMI cable for my computer display? I did it fine when I used my 22" Norcent tv as a monitor and it ran at 1920 X 1200 just fine. For some reason it doesnt work with the Broksonic. Any help is appreciated.

More about : display hdmi

a c 159 U Graphics card
a b x TV
March 21, 2009 2:49:22 PM

You need to determine the max resolution of the Broksonic television. If it's max resolution is 1360x768. then you're stuck with that. I have an Olevia 32" TV that I use as a monitor (and tv) and it works just fine using a one-piece DVI to HDMI cable. It's max resolution is 1366x768.

If you're tv does have a higher max resolution then there shouldn't be a problem connecting and selecting the resolution you want, but I did have a problem using a DVI --> HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable. I couldn't get a signal at all until I went to the one-piece cable.

-Wolf sends
Related resources
!