Sign in with
Your question

9800gtx+ with AMD x2 6000

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 21, 2009 3:19:46 AM

card= 9800gtx+
cpu= amdx2 6000
mobo= MSI K9N SLI-F V.2

im currently playing darkfall online and for some reason in large battles my fps drops to 5..even with all graphics set to low...normally i get 100-60fps in game...just when large battles break out it seems like its bottlenecking. other people said they have a 9800gt and they have no issues. oh my resolution is only 1280x1024 on a 19inch

i just got the comp a month ago...i have all the recent drivers...any help would be awesome

thanks

More about : 9800gtx amd 6000

March 21, 2009 5:23:10 AM

maybe its a network issue, and not a cpu/gfx card problem.
March 21, 2009 6:07:46 AM

Lee-m said:
maybe its a network issue, and not a cpu/gfx card problem.

naw its not a network issue...my ping dosent change is stays around 120-160
Related resources
March 21, 2009 4:20:28 PM

It could just be the server not your network persay.
March 21, 2009 4:21:45 PM

Thats Darkfall not your PC. The game is developed by 40 year old virgins in the basement, its running off a single server using archaic hardware with a prehistoric unreliable billing and account management system.
a c 106 U Graphics card
March 21, 2009 4:32:28 PM

Even if you have a low ping large battles mean more and bigger packets need to get to you, so if they are getting congested somewhere along the way then your frames will drop and that's that. A dedicated NIC like the Killer NIC could possibly help, since it's designed to optimize and order those UDP packets for those kinds of games, but it's not a sure thing. If you feel the bottelneck is your system then you could try overclocking your CPU since I doubt it's your GPU (although the headway in the 6000 is a little limited), but if there is no change then there probably isn't too much you can do on your end :) .
March 21, 2009 8:33:53 PM

could it be a problem with the windows firewall?
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2009 8:53:37 PM

spathotan said:
Thats Darkfall not your PC. The game is developed by 40 year old virgins in the basement, its running off a single server using archaic hardware with a prehistoric unreliable billing and account management system.

Spoken with experience? :)  lol

To the OP:

I've had this same problem with World of Warcraft. Running that old game, with a Q6600 & 8800GTS with 4GB of RAM, I'd still find some sluggishness in certain key areas of the game. It seemed like it was more server / networking related than anything else.

This is what we call "lag". Where as some people think "lag" is their computer being slow. "Lag" is a term used to describe poor internet latency type issues that cause poor playability in one's games. :) 
March 21, 2009 9:23:14 PM

jerreece said:
Spoken with experience? :)  lol

To the OP:

I've had this same problem with World of Warcraft. Running that old game, with a Q6600 & 8800GTS with 4GB of RAM, I'd still find some sluggishness in certain key areas of the game. It seemed like it was more server / networking related than anything else.

This is what we call "lag". Where as some people think "lag" is their computer being slow. "Lag" is a term used to describe poor internet latency type issues that cause poor playability in one's games. :) 

Im an avid MMO player and part of several website communities. I havnt personally touched Darkfall as its scam bait, lets just say I could tell some campfire stories about that game.
!