Need Help in selecting motherboard

sudhirraom

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I had a desktop with ASUS P5N-E mother board with Intel core 2 duo E6570 CPU and GFORCE 8600 GT. Last week my daughter spilled little water on it while system was on which caused morhter board , CPU and Graphic card short. I purchased this PC in 2007. Can you please tell me what is best Motherboard in the market today which should support intel core 2 duo and quad core processors and should be upgradable 2 years from now

xaira

Distinguished
775 is practically dead my friend, its all about 1156 now, sucks about the board tho, thats y kids arent allowed in the computer room. if ur dead set on 775, get something with ddr3

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009

Id say 1366 is the extreme future!

SwiftCoyote

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Theres a couple of questions we should ask before shouting CORE i7, because its really not needed yet, unless your an extreme multi tasker.

What will you be doing with this PC? Playing games or just school work and internet surfing? What kind of games? Are you using any of your old hardware? Whats your price range?

MyPC is really old but I can play COD5 on it http://www.mypcmod.com/viewpc.php?id=225

Likewise tho, if you are wanting to keep your socket 775, definatly get a motherboard that supports DDR3 memory.