Need help fast!!! PLEASE.

kaesin

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I finally got everything put together for my computer and I have NO video. The monitors light just sits there and flashes green as if there's no connection at all.

Components are:
Asus P6T Deluxe
Corsair 850W TX
GTX 285
WD Caviar Black 640GB
i7 920

I don't know what I could be doing wrong...

kaesin

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Alright. It's booting up now... however, it comes up with

Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

I inserted a Windows Vista disc and it started to load, but stopped midway.

How do I get past this?

kaesin

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
It goes in as if it's loading windows to install at first with the green/blue background and whatnot, but then it stops loading and sits there.

kaesin

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
It's up and running now, thanks! Hopefully the other two RAM sticks will work after everything is installed. I guess God heard my prayers for me not to have to send anything back and wait any longer to get it up and running!

Thanks guys.

Did you manually set the RAM timings and voltage to the manufacturers specs in the BIOS? That RAM is rated for 8-8-8-24 timings at 1.65v. You also may have a bad stick of RAM. Start off by setting the RAM to specs. If it still doesn't work, you'll have to try each stick of RAM individually to try to find the faulty stick. Did you read the checklist posted above? It goes through all this plus a lot more.

I'd move on to the next part of my post above then.

"If it still doesn't work, you'll have to try each stick of RAM individually to try to find the faulty stick. Did you read the checklist posted above? It goes through all this plus a lot more."