ryan198921

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Hey so i overclocked my CPU to 3.247 useing
fps = 1299
cpu V = .1000
fsb v = 1.3
with a q6700 2.66

and it worked perfect for a month, well i just did a upgrade on my comp i got 4 gigs of OCZ Reaper HPC ps2-8500 ram its a 1066mhz

after putting this in, my comp would not start at all, so i reset to default and tried to safely overclock to 2.83 when doing this i realized that i was only running a ram speed of 800mhz with my new reaper ram, so i also changed that to 1065 due to the fact that if i set it at 1066 it would set the adjusted ram speed to 1067. i restarted and comp wouldn't start. So i reset again and started with no OC of any kinda and it started up and worked running and 2.66 and ram speed of 800mhz.... But my CPU is running a lot harder then it should it peeked at 100% for a period of time and it is not quite running good!

Although it has settled down and running smooth again. So my question is what is my issue? i want to overclock to 3.2 or above Cpu speed but also get decent ram speed although my ram auto adjusted itself when i move the fsb up and eventuly reached 1055 and 1299 fsp so idk that i need to change anything!

My system specs are
XFX nivida 750i sli
500 gig hdd * 2
4 gigs ps2-8500 OCZ reaper hpc
260 gtx
5.1 sound card
Coolit liquid cooling system and yes my temps are great i stay under 37 idle and under loud no more then 45c

If someone can tell me what settings i should set stuff to so i can overclock correctly that be great!

I should mention i plan on buying 4 more gigs and running 8 gigs.. and yes the mobo can handle the ram speed and a max of 8 gigs!

Bump up your northbridge voltage one or two selections above the default setting, and try that. Loading all the DIMMs requires a voltage increase to POST. Adding the two new sticks of RAM may limit your OCing. IDK, it's just the way it is.