(Sims2): Who needs to get kidnapped by aliens? My Sims are..

I'm not sure why, but my new boy sims, during their toddlerdom and
childhood, all have pointy Mr Spock ears and slanted eyebrows. They
seem to smooth out when they become teens but I've got no idea where
these features are coming from. They look downright evil until they
grow up.

Their parents all have such lovely round ears...

~*~
vecki
10 answers Last reply
More about sims2 kidnapped aliens sims

    I think they become human again at the teenage years - I've only been
    able to confirm that in the Create a Child section of create a sim so I
    guess we will see as they grow! It's only been my boys as well - have
    you noticed it in both boys and girls or just one?

    ~*~
    vecki

    "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I'm not sure why, but my new boy sims, during their toddlerdom and
    > childhood, all have pointy Mr Spock ears and slanted eyebrows. They
    > seem to smooth out when they become teens but I've got no idea where
    > these features are coming from. They look downright evil until they
    > grow up.
    >
    > Their parents all have such lovely round ears...

    Hey, I had that last week. Now I have a thriving colony of Vulcans, sloping
    about with pinky-yellow skin and pointed ears, then suddenly a perfectly
    human family produced a pointy-eared toddler.
    I went back through all my male Vulcan memories to see if I had missed
    something. 8(

    They go away when they grow up? Jolly good. I will cease to glower then and
    let the poor child develop.

    You are right, the kids with Vulcan characteristics look tough little
    cookies until they reach adulthood. The females are make 'homely' teens.
    But perhaps my base parents are just ugly.

    I am now very worried about what I have been reading about TS2-EP-Uni
    (however it is abbreviated) Will I lose all my logical Sims? What about the
    inter-marriages? If all the Sims with designed skin suddenly disappear there
    are going to be a heck of a lot of lonely Sims living in big posh houses.
    About one Sim and nine computers, I reckon.

    Oh! Oh! AND Carmina Creepy?? She has yellow skin. Oh, Carmina; where have
    you beena?

    Granny.

    >I think they become human again at the teenage years - I've only been
    > able to confirm that in the Create a Child section of create a sim so I
    > guess we will see as they grow! It's only been my boys as well - have
    > you noticed it in both boys and girls or just one?
    >
    > ~*~
    Just the one boy, and only this once, after running four different installs
    with mixed races.

    I also learned early on that if you include a home-made skin, every child
    gets it, willy-nilly, which was a bit grim, but as the pointed ears came
    with the Maxi faces I did expect a mix of ear-holes. Didn't get them though.
    Points, every damn time.

    After a while I was pruning families in one run-through. Sent them back to
    the mother-planet, so-to-speak. If I didn;t do that the whole damn
    neighbourhood would have turned logical in the end.
    Not what I wanted at all. I am now more severe on my Vulcans. One pathetic
    batch was told 'and you are all becoming priests and priestesses, so no
    hanky-panky. Right?'
    Being Vulcans they did what they were told.
    Fancy.

    Granny, The Mouse Hand of Vengeance.

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:51:34 GMT, "Granny Crabapple"
    <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >I am now very worried about what I have been reading about TS2-EP-Uni
    >(however it is abbreviated) Will I lose all my logical Sims? What about the
    >inter-marriages? If all the Sims with designed skin suddenly disappear there
    >are going to be a heck of a lot of lonely Sims living in big posh houses.
    >About one Sim and nine computers, I reckon.

    I've had no problems with custom skins. That is to say, I can select
    them like normal from within the game and they show up fine.

    Well, Andrew Pips just grew up from toddler to child, and while his
    ears are still something which would make Spock very proud (or perhaps
    he would just raise an eyebrow), his eyebrows have rounded out a bit
    better. Hopefully he returns to a human state when he becomes a
    teenager.

    ~*~

    > Well, Andrew Pips just grew up from toddler to child, and while his
    > ears are still something which would make Spock very proud (or perhaps
    > he would just raise an eyebrow), his eyebrows have rounded out a bit
    > better. Hopefully he returns to a human state when he becomes a
    > teenager.
    >
    > ~*~
    > vecki

    Watch the child. if there is a trace of the Vulcan about him he will soak up
    information like a sponge.
    I have one child here, a horrible mix of Spocky and Dr McCoy (thanks to the
    doctor's experiments with his impregnation machine) and the ears are pointed
    but the eyebrows are very McCoyish, as is the rather well-filled face.
    he looks.... Quite awful. I have high hopes for his adult face.

    Can someone please remind me of the cheat code that prevents faces reverting
    to Maxi type?
    The new Simpson child looks far too normal for my liking.
    (I now have a Simpson clan in all three neighbourhoods - for experimental
    purposes. If, when I get TS2EP1, I end up starting from scratch again you
    will hear such an uproar of screams and swearing that will rent the sky
    asunder.)

    Granny.

    Granny Crabapple wrote:
    > "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Well, Andrew Pips just grew up from toddler to child, and while his
    > > ears are still something which would make Spock very proud (or
    perhaps
    > > he would just raise an eyebrow), his eyebrows have rounded out a
    bit
    > > better. Hopefully he returns to a human state when he becomes a
    > > teenager.
    > >
    > > ~*~
    > > vecki
    > >

    > Watch the child. if there is a trace of the Vulcan about him he will
    soak up
    > information like a sponge.

    He does seem to spend a lot of time playing chess and building up those
    logic points :)

    ~*~
    vecki

    facialblendlimits off - I think.

    MM

    > facialblendlimits off - I think.
    >
    > MM

    Lovely. Thank you.

    GCA

    *bumping thread*

    Latest update on my Vulcan boys...

    Andrew Pips, the first Vulcan born to George & Joyce, has gone to
    University and ... is no longer a Vulcan. His ears have rounded out
    again. Mark, the second Vulcan, is a teen and still has the points.
    Sensitive boy wears a hat to hide them.

    Their kid sister Jessica shows no signs of Vulcanitis, but Joyce has
    suddenly developed ear points on her transition into elderdom. Very
    long, slender, almost elvish points. She looks quite elegant with long
    flowy white hair. (aside from her daggy elder outfit).

    Weird.

    ~*~
    vecki

Sims Games Video Games