I am about to buy a computer with this video card adapter, NVIDIA GEFORCE 7050 256MB SHARED VIDEO CARD ADAPTER, will this get me by for gaming until I can invest in a good video card? Or is this just for installing video video cards.
Yeah, integrated graphics are more targeted toward flash games and steaming video decoding like youtube. For 3d gaming, other than Unreal Tournament 1, Quake 3, and Doom 3D, your not gonna be doing much gaming with that. A decent video card will only run you around $50.
sorry to say but this wont get you by even on half life 2, none the less left 4 dead or anything else modern... sorry
Hey, I remember playing HL2 and CS source on intel-integrated-extreme 2 on low-medium just fine!
Anyways, yeh, integrated graphics suck. Build your own computer from Newegg, buy a prebuild Newegg comp, buy from Digital storm, cyberpowerpc, etc
Depends on what games you want to play.
1. For old games (Starcraft, CS, etc), a cheap $10 7400GT off of ebay will do. It'll be fine even with integrated.
2. For older recent games (ie Oblivion, FEAR, Doom3, Quake4, etc) get yourself a $20 7600GT, $50 7800GT, $60 7950GT, or $60 8600GT (which falls between a 7600 and 7800 in performance) from ebay.
3. For fairly recent games such as (ie COD4, Bioshock, Supreme Commander, etc),
get yourself a 9600GT or 4670 for about $70-$80.
4. If you want to max out any of the games stated above on a medium sized monitor, and maybe play a lil Crysis on medium-high graphics, get a 8800GT/9800GT or 4830 for about $90-$100
5. If you want to max out any of the games stated above (except Crysis) on a high resolution monitor, or play Crysis on high graphics, get a $130 9800GTX/GTX+/GTS250 or $130 4850.
(skip the 8800Ultra/8800GTX)
6. If you want to max out any of the games stated above (except Crysis) on a very high resolution monitor or play Crysis on very high graphics, get a $180 GTX260 192/216 or $180 4870.
7. If you want to play Crysis on high resolution and high graphics, get a GTX280/285, GTX295, 4870x2, or SLi/Xfire anything from #4 to #7