Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which temp is the one to watch?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 21, 2010 8:32:00 PM

Hello all,

My motherboard has 3 different temp sensors which everest identifies as Core, CPU, and Motherboard. Typically my cores idle at 24-25 celsius, my Cpu and Motherboard are both typically idle at around 33-35 celsius.

Under load core temp increases and after being under 100 load in Prime 95 for 30 minutes its typically around 43-45 celsius. Cpu temps under load are typically 38-39 and motherboard temps are usually around 48-50 celsius.

Attached is a pic of running prime 95 with speed fan open showing what i mean when the systems under load.

Main question is are these good solid temps (this computer is typically on 24/7 and i want it to last a good long while.

secondary question, What tempature is the one that I should watch to ensure that it does not exceed the 62 degrees celsius maximum for my Phenom II x4 945?

Here is the picture. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

More about : temp watch

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
September 22, 2010 3:35:35 AM

Hello, your temps are good. I would use HWMonitor instead of Speedfan. The CPU temp is the one to watch, though it won't increase from what it is now unless your OCing which it doesn't sound like you want to do.

Hope that helps.
a b à CPUs
a c 86 K Overclocking
September 22, 2010 5:18:52 AM

You, as a AMD user NEED to use JUST Coretemp for your core measurements. Thats the ONLY one for AMD that is accurate. All the other temp measurement proggies seem to not bother with AMD sensors anymore.

HW monitor is fine for other devices.
m
l
Related resources
September 22, 2010 11:48:58 AM

Thanks for the replies guys
m
l
September 22, 2010 11:49:41 AM

Best answer selected by archer7282.
m
l