How to Play DRM Protected WMA Files on WMP 9.0?

October 25, 2004 9:36:30 PM

I have a PPC 2003 Ipaq 1910 and want to play music files purchased
from Napster. How do I do that?

Thanks for any help!
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 6:26:55 PM

You can't
You have to burn the wma file to cd and re-rip it or something like that.
You loose quality doing that, but there isn't all that much you can do, its
the evils of DRM.
If you can get windows media player 10, you'll have some chance. But
windows media player 9 on the pocket pc isn't detected as a device in
windows media player on the computer

-Joel
"mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a PPC 2003 Ipaq 1910 and want to play music files purchased
> from Napster. How do I do that?
>
> Thanks for any help!
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 6:26:56 PM

Do you know how to get windows media player 10 for the pocket pc? I
have WMP 10 on my desktop.

Thanks!

"Joel Pearson" <pearj@writeme.com> wrote in message news:<uPEyFQxuEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> You can't
> You have to burn the wma file to cd and re-rip it or something like that.
> You loose quality doing that, but there isn't all that much you can do, its
> the evils of DRM.
> If you can get windows media player 10, you'll have some chance. But
> windows media player 9 on the pocket pc isn't detected as a device in
> windows media player on the computer
>
> -Joel
> "mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I have a PPC 2003 Ipaq 1910 and want to play music files purchased
> > from Napster. How do I do that?
> >
> > Thanks for any help!
October 27, 2004 2:37:36 AM

It's not downloadable, it is offered as part of the ROM. You can get
it by buying a Dell X50, or upgrading the ROM on the Dell Axim X30.

HTH
Cheers - Neil

On 26 Oct 2004 08:53:56 -0700, mtbcpa@yahoo.com (mtbcpa) wrote:

>Do you know how to get windows media player 10 for the pocket pc? I
>have WMP 10 on my desktop.
>
>Thanks!
>
>"Joel Pearson" <pearj@writeme.com> wrote in message news:<uPEyFQxuEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
>> You can't
>> You have to burn the wma file to cd and re-rip it or something like that.
>> You loose quality doing that, but there isn't all that much you can do, its
>> the evils of DRM.
>> If you can get windows media player 10, you'll have some chance. But
>> windows media player 9 on the pocket pc isn't detected as a device in
>> windows media player on the computer
>>
>> -Joel
>> "mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a PPC 2003 Ipaq 1910 and want to play music files purchased
>> > from Napster. How do I do that?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help!
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 10:09:54 PM

"mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a PPC 2003 Ipaq 1910 and want to play music files purchased
> from Napster. How do I do that?
>
> Thanks for any help!

Use Media 10 on your desktop to sync the songs to your ipaq. Worked with my
Axim X30 with Media player 9 and 10 on the desktop.

Brian
!