Gaming rig under $600

nkhlgeorge

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Hey guyz last time i created a new topic saying that i wanted to build a PC under $1000. Im sorry my budget has changed and has reduced to $625. I need the PC for basic everyday requirements sch as word processing, internet, and a little gaming too- not hardcore
I did read the article about the gaming PC under $625 on this website. But the probelm i found was that certain brands arent available in my country-India. and the prices of the available products are higher than what is mentioned.

I would like you'll to suggest an alternative for the GPU ( since it too costly for me), the PC case( brand not available), CPU cooler and power. I also wanted to ask whether a CPU case with an integrated 400 W power supply would suffice instaed of 500W???

$625 Gaming PC System Components

Component Model

CPU Intel Pentium E5200 2.5 GHz
CPU Cooler Xigmatek HDT-S963
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L
RAM G.Skill HK 4 GB DDR2-800 (PC2 6400)
Graphics Sapphire 100259L Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
Hard Drives Samsung SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500 GB

Case Rosewill R222-P-BK
Power PC Power&Cooling Silencer PPCS500 500W
Optical LITE-ON 20X DVD±R SATA Model iHAS120-04

Total Price:
$624

for refernence thid is the website i would buy the parts from, so please try and stick to the products mentioned in this website.,
http://www.theitwares.com/

Thanking you

Nikhil

atomiktoaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
Is $1 USD = 50 rupees about the right exchange rate? If so, those Zebronics cases for $22 (with 400W PSU!) would have to be pretty horrible to not be a good deal. Even Rosewill case from the last SBM didn't seem all that great, from what I remember, but it's really hard to tell case quality even with a full set of photos, much less just one. I'm assuming the really cheap cases are from Indian manufacturers, so I doubt you'll have much to go on from the typical posters here. I wouldn't recommend going with the included PSU, however. A poor case can make for some difficulty fitting the parts in during the build, or for increased temps, but a bad PSU can destroy your components. For piece of mind, I'd go with the corsair 400W or 450W unit, depending on what graphics card you choose.

There a huge jump to get to the 4870, for some reason. Dropping back to a 4850 seems to be the best way to go. You should save about $100, which is ridiculous. The 400W corsair might be able to run one of those, as well. Take a look at those changes and see where it puts your budget.