Where to put downloads for Sims 2 University????

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 7, 2005 12:39:28 AM

Where do I put my downloads for Sims 2 University???? I'm not seeing any of
mine and I would rather not have to go & hunt them all down again. Please
help!!!
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 9:10:02 AM

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 21:39:28 -0600, "JustMe" <someone@someplace.com>
wrote:

>Where do I put my downloads for Sims 2 University???? I'm not seeing any of
>mine and I would rather not have to go & hunt them all down again. Please
>help!!!

Although University can install it's base files in a different place,
it uses the same location for configuration and download files etc.

C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
2\Downloads
March 7, 2005 11:39:32 PM

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Although University can install it's base files in a different place,
> it uses the same location for configuration and download files etc.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
> 2\Downloads

Already tried that, it didn't work.
March 8, 2005 7:05:09 AM

Then it is possible that the downloads you are trying to add are
incompatible (I am guessing here) because the old downloads folder works
perfectly fine in my game.

MM

"JustMe" <someone@someplace.com> wrote in message

> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Although University can install it's base files in a different place,
> > it uses the same location for configuration and download files etc.
> >
> > C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
> > 2\Downloads
>
> Already tried that, it didn't work.

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 7:22:43 AM

I dont even have a downloads folder anymore.
> Then it is possible that the downloads you are trying to add are
> incompatible (I am guessing here) because the old downloads folder works
> perfectly fine in my game.
>
> MM
>

> "JustMe" <someone@someplace.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > > Although University can install it's base files in a different place,
> > > it uses the same location for configuration and download files etc.
> > >
> > > C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
> > > 2\Downloads
> >
> > Already tried that, it didn't work.

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:00:57 PM

I never had one after the first install - had to create it manually, and I
deliberately threw my old folder away in the upgrade.

I have put in recognised S2U compatible hacks, and fresh downloads from
Parsimonious Sims, Sims2Living and SimLogical - only one blue download so
far - a rather nice bed from Sims2Living, pity. I shall slowly start
rebuilding my downloads folder up again, and you know what I miss the most?
It isn't InSiminator or SimPe (haven't even got a version of that at the
moment so I don't even know if there is a compatible one or not) - it's the
phone hack. I never realised how much I had grown to rely on being able to
decide when those phone conversations ended instead of the stupid Sim
deciding they needed to look out the window instead.

Grah!

MM

"PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> I dont even have a downloads folder anymore.
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Then it is possible that the downloads you are trying to add are
> > incompatible (I am guessing here) because the old downloads folder works
> > perfectly fine in my game.
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "JustMe" <someone@someplace.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> > > Already tried that, it didn't work.

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 8:56:35 PM

Oh so i can make a downloads folder and install there?

piper
"
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 9:27:00 PM

PIPER wrote:

> Oh so i can make a downloads folder and install there?
>
> piper
> "

Check your path, too. My Documents/EA Games/The Sims2/Downloads and not
program files. If there is no downloads folder there, yes, make one.

-georg
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:26:17 PM

Correct I am looking at My documents..the first thing is Camera then
Collections, no downloads.

piper
> PIPER wrote:
>
> > Oh so i can make a downloads folder and install there?
> >
> > piper
> > "
> >

> Check your path, too. My Documents/EA Games/The Sims2/Downloads and not
> program files. If there is no downloads folder there, yes, make one.
>
> -georg
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:36:55 PM

Or you can get the game to make one by running Bodyshop or Homecrafter. If
you make it, you need to be careful to spell it correctly - Downloads with
an 'S'.

Best wishes
Maxon

!