Hi. On my new XP Pro machine I created a shortcut to the command prompt.
In properties, under the options tab, I can set it to full screen mode.
Full screen defaults to 50 line mode. Question. Is there any way to adjust
the full screen mode to 25 lines?

With my Vern Buerg LIST, I can [Alt]-[E][1] to switch to 25 line mode. But
only lasts until you exit the program, then you're back to 50 line mode.

I was thinking a registry entry somewhere. Any advice would be greatly
appreciated...Dennis

Dennis;

Have a look at these. May not have exactly what you're looking for, but
maybe a tip or two. :)

To configure the command prompt
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/CommandPromptOptions.asp

To change command prompt display option settings
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/changingdisplayoptionsettings.asp

To change the command prompt screen layout
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/changingscreensizeandposition.asp

Customizing CMD
http://wint.virtualplastic.net/showtweak.php?tweak_id=73

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:e2bG$bgNEHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Dennis Allen <dennis@dennisallen.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi. On my new XP Pro machine I created a shortcut to the command
> prompt. In properties, under the options tab, I can set it to full
> screen mode. Full screen defaults to 50 line mode. Question. Is
> there any way to adjust the full screen mode to 25 lines?
>
> With my Vern Buerg LIST, I can [Alt]-[E][1] to switch to 25 line
> mode. But only lasts until you exit the program, then you're back to
> 50 line mode.
>
> I was thinking a registry entry somewhere. Any advice would be
> greatly appreciated...Dennis

Thanks for the reply. These links seem to deal with the command window.
I'm looking at tweek the full screen mode...Dennis

> Dennis;
>
> Have a look at these. May not have exactly what you're looking for, but
> maybe a tip or two. :)
>
> To configure the command prompt

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/CommandPromptOptions.asp

> To change command prompt display option settings

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/changingdisplayoptionsettings.asp

> To change the command prompt screen layout

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/changingscreensizeandposition.asp

> Customizing CMD
> http://wint.virtualplastic.net/showtweak.php?tweak_id=73
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:e2bG$bgNEHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> Dennis Allen <dennis@dennisallen.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi. On my new XP Pro machine I created a shortcut to the command
> > prompt. In properties, under the options tab, I can set it to full
> > screen mode. Full screen defaults to 50 line mode. Question. Is
> > there any way to adjust the full screen mode to 25 lines?
> >
> > With my Vern Buerg LIST, I can [Alt]-[E][1] to switch to 25 line
> > mode. But only lasts until you exit the program, then you're back to
> > 50 line mode.
> >
> > I was thinking a registry entry somewhere. Any advice would be
> > greatly appreciated...Dennis

Go to the CommandPrompt Properties/Layout/ScreenBufferSize and set Height as
you need. Full Screen Minimum is 21 lines and maximum is 50 using the
default font.

Ah. It does effect full screen. 25 line looks real good. Thanks...Dennis

"Jetro" <no.spam@internet> wrote in message
> Go to the CommandPrompt Properties/Layout/ScreenBufferSize and set Height
as
> you need. Full Screen Minimum is 21 lines and maximum is 50 using the
> default font.

TRENDING THREADS