HAF 932 vs Zalman gs 1000 vs Thermaltake spedo vs Cosmos 1000

fyun89

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
I'm currently debating on these three Full Tower cases but I'm seeing good reviews in all of them....
My spec is...

CPU: q6600 2.4 @ 3.6 (Cooler: Zalman Green LED 9700 )
VGA: 285 BFG OC2 + XFX 8800gt XXX (as physx card)
MOBO: EVGA i750 FTW
POWER: Zalman 800 Watt
HDD: 250gb Segate, 250gb Western Digital, 250gb Hitachi
Memory: OCZ HPC 800mhz 4gb (1gb x4)
Current Case: Thermaltake Tsunami Dream

I like Cosmos because it has that acustic reducing panel but then I heard it has very bad airflow.
Zalman GS 1000 seems to be good overall and its ZALMAN quality...however I don't like the fact that it has no front fan
Thermaltake Spedo seems to have extreme flexibility for example using the dividing walls inside the case to direct the air but something tells me that it won't have good airflow aswell...Also it seems to be loud
Lastly, HAF.... Everything looks great but it seems to look the cheapest and looks the noisiest of all cases, but great airflow...

I was wondering if any experienced user can recommend me one of those cases...
My current case seems to have very bad ariflow and since its midtower, its getting very very crampy..especially its not compatible with my gtx285 unless I move the harddrive to upper slot. My CPU reaches upto 70C currently and I'm pretty sure its because of the poor airflow of my case.
First priority is cooling ability but noise level is important aswell..

hefox

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I have HAF 932. It has a really good airflow, good build quality and it's huge. Yes, it is a bit noisy but this can be fixed by having a fan controller. Another problem is that it doesn't have air filter.
Anyway is one of the best from your list and the price is very good.
I was in a similar situation like you and I was thinking to buy the Thermaltake but after reading a lot of reviews I chose to buy HAF 932 and don't regret it.

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
I know you did't mention it, but I recommend the cooler master storm sniper case..Although it's advertized as mid-tower, it's huge..
It has a front 200mm fan, top 200mm (can be replaced by 2x 120mm) fan, rear 120 or 140 fan, and you can add a buttom 140 or 120 mm fan and 200mm fan or 2x 120mm fans at the side panel , all with washable dust filters, with the stock fans controlled by a big knob at the front panel, it sports a tool-less drives installation and cable management compartment, and it looks nice..
In fact, it has all the good features that most people want, except it doesn't support E-ATX mobos, the internals are not black painted, and it has only 7 extension slots, so tri-sli is not possible with all the mobos.

TRENDING THREADS