Sign in with
Your question

I want to learn motherboard repair?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 6, 2009 5:21:43 AM

i want to learn motherboard repair so request u that dear friends learn me how to reapir motherboard and which name of tool these using in the motherboard repair.

mukesh hamirani
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2009 5:33:12 AM

ummmmmm.... motherboard repair?
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2009 9:19:42 AM

It's easy to eliminate most problems with a hammer... ;) 
Related resources
August 6, 2009 9:37:43 AM

The best thing you can do is be like McGiver. Find a paperclip, a toothpick, some motherboard retailers and a valid credit card.
August 6, 2009 10:05:04 AM

You will need a clean room and about $5k USD of SIP desoldering tools. Then you will need specific wiring diagrams from each MB MFG thst you plan to service. Also, you will need a wave soldering station to repair your MB. All told? 50kUSD, and that's even if the MB MFGs will give your their IP.

Good luck...
August 6, 2009 12:42:50 PM

In case you didn't already get it from the above sarcasm....MB repair is pretty much useless these days. PCBs are cheap to make, expensive to repair. Most repairs would take more time and money than just buying a new board, assuming you could even trace the problem spots at all.....and then, as was pointed out above, the tools needed would be even more cost prohibitive. Its not something you can do with grandpa's solder iron....and you also better have the steady hands of a surgeon.
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2009 12:52:08 PM

Yep^ If you have to spend more than 1 hour working on a board, you have spent more time in Labor than it costs to buy another board.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2009 2:48:17 PM

heh, morning humor.......

I think the McGiver plan would do the trick....But he might need the paper clip, a toothpick, some used chewing gum and a cheap Timex watch (digital)....
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 15, 2009 1:07:53 PM

Hi
We are in to laptop / desktop motherboard repair training which will help you to manage complete daignostic and analysis techiques and detailed indepth analysis to find fault logics of the functioning of motherboards and to learn laptop/desktop motheroard circuits and components ( ICs,SMD,BGA...).
We have new batch starting from nov. 1 , sunday to sunday 5 hours a week.

You can also visit our website www.laptoprepairs.in
To enroll you can contact us at
VKS Technical institute
41-1/1, Vallabh Society, New pantnagar,
90 Feet Road, Ghatkopar E, Mumbai -77
Tel.: 022 32921584
Cell : 0996755779

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 15, 2009 2:18:41 PM

mukesh_hamirani said:
i want to learn motherboard repair so request u that dear friends learn me how to reapir motherboard and which name of tool these using in the motherboard repair.

mukesh hamirani

Hi
We are in to laptop repair training which help you to manage complete daignostic and analysis techiques and detailed indepth data to learn laptop motheroard circuits.
We have new batch starting from nov. 1 , sunday to sunday 5 hours a week.

You can also visit our website www.laptoprepairs.in
To enroll you can contact us at
VKS Technical institute
41-1/1, Vallabh Society, New pantnagar,
90 Feet Road, Ghatkopar E, Mumbai -77
Tel.: 022 32921584
Cell : 0996755779

April 26, 2010 2:12:32 PM

do you have branch in nasik ?
March 25, 2011 12:17:52 PM

OvrClkr said:
ummmmmm.... motherboard repair?

Precision Division specializes in laptop motherboard repair services. They are the only place
that I have ever heard of that can install tiny additional fans inside laptops to keep them cooler.

They don't currently offer any training courses, but I heard they are considering it.
!