I want to learn motherboard repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukesh_hamirani

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
i want to learn motherboard repair so request u that dear friends learn me how to reapir motherboard and which name of tool these using in the motherboard repair.

mukesh hamirani

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
The best thing you can do is be like McGiver. Find a paperclip, a toothpick, some motherboard retailers and a valid credit card.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
You will need a clean room and about $5k USD of SIP desoldering tools. Then you will need specific wiring diagrams from each MB MFG thst you plan to service. Also, you will need a wave soldering station to repair your MB. All told? 50kUSD, and that's even if the MB MFGs will give your their IP.

Good luck...

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
In case you didn't already get it from the above sarcasm....MB repair is pretty much useless these days. PCBs are cheap to make, expensive to repair. Most repairs would take more time and money than just buying a new board, assuming you could even trace the problem spots at all.....and then, as was pointed out above, the tools needed would be even more cost prohibitive. Its not something you can do with grandpa's solder iron....and you also better have the steady hands of a surgeon.

heh, morning humor.......

I think the McGiver plan would do the trick....But he might need the paper clip, a toothpick, some used chewing gum and a cheap Timex watch (digital)....

Status
Not open for further replies.