Sign in with
Your question

BTX Socket AM2+ Motherboard?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Socket
Last response: in Motherboards
August 6, 2009 6:26:33 AM

Is there a BTX Socket AM2+ Motherboard? If so, could you find me a BTX Socket AM2+ Motherboard.

More about : btx socket am2 motherboard

a c 435 V Motherboard
August 6, 2009 10:04:43 AM

Amazon.com had 2 hp btx am2 boards a few days ago, but they either sold out or were removed. They are the only ones I've seen. Newegg has a rosewill atx case for only $24.99 with free shipping in their 48 hour sale beginning today. The link is at fatwallet. Then you can use a cheap micro atx board. They run about $45 shipped. Newegg has an ecs model with free shipping and a $12 rebate.
m
l
August 6, 2009 10:36:47 AM

Sunny_12 said:
Is there a BTX Socket AM2+ Motherboard? If so, could you find me a BTX Socket AM2+ Motherboard.

BTX is a dead end. It was introduced by INTEL a few years ago. The only reason for buying a BTX motherboard is to keep a computer going if you do not have the money to buy a new case. If the chipset is not the same as the one you are replacing you will have to re-install the OS and if you do not have the CDs to do the re-install there is that additional cost. I would try ebay, there are two HP boards listed there. They both are HP Compaq dc5750 motherboard with no IDE ports and with four SATA ports.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2009 1:06:09 PM

With the going rate of BTX, have you considered computing the cost of an ATX case and mobo? I think by the time you find a BTX board, the cost might be simply not worth it. (Just like trying to find a S478 board these days).
m
l
!