jokersmocker99

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Hello guys i have a problem with my Nvidia 8400GS its overheating i think when i play Warhammer , i belive its the graphic card, because when my game freezes after like 5 seconds i dont touch anything my monitor goes black and stays black till i reset my PC.... so it must be the graphic card , i think its overheating , my model is with a Fan on it thats places below the card....

Now my question is... what can i do?
Anyone know's any other fan or heatsink i could mont on it so it stays cooler?

PS: It might be my rams i use 1024 DDRII 400 MHZ =/ , but il get 4GB DDR2 Tracer Ballistix 800 MhZ pretty soon and a new case because i use a small case.... if there arent any coolers for the Graphic Card you think that a new case ATX Middle with some extra fans would do the trick to keep it cool?....

thanks... if you have any other advices that could help me it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Regards Joker.

Rivatuner is a great friend, download it and use it to check you card temperatures.
Your ram is fine, no problems there.
If the card is running hot, try the old faithful soloution and take the side panel off your case to inprove ventilation.

Ignatowski

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
most of the 8400's ive seen dont have a fan. overheating is the result.

if the card is fan equipped riva tuner should also let you adjust the fan speed from the stock 29% to 40% or 60% 40 cooled my 8800gt by 8C without too much additional noise. and 60 got me 3 more but was all kinds of loud.

jokersmocker99

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
i see thanks a ton , i dont mind if its noisy i just want to be able to play , i am wearing headset i dont hear it anyway lols :D

Thanks again so riva tuner then

TRENDING THREADS