Sign in with
Your question

Hi, can anyone please help me?

Tags:
Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 11, 2010 6:11:40 PM

hi, my brother did a DVD for me in divX format, he burnt it as a data disc rather than a 'film', it used up about 4.5GB. He also put VLC media player on the disc, not knowing whether I had it installed by that point, anyway when I put the disc in, and opened it, I was given the option to uninstall my later version of VLC in favour of installing the one he had put on the disc. Thinking it was the most logical thing in the world, I did so, now the disc reads as 'blank'. Is there any way I can access that data now, or should I just download it myself again ? Thankyou :hello: 

More about : question

a c 415 G Storage
September 11, 2010 8:51:26 PM

If your version was later than the one on the disc then I'd just download and install it again.

You also might want to think about turning off "Autoplay" on your DVD drive because it's a common way for viruses to get onto your system.
a b G Storage
September 18, 2010 6:46:35 PM

Quote:
hi, my brother did a DVD for me in divX format, he burnt it as a data disc rather than a 'film',

Shouldn't matter. If you have the DIVX player installed, you can double click on the filename and it just plays.
!