Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Water Cooling a Radeon HD 3450

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 23, 2009 4:58:22 PM

I am looking at watercooling my HTPC setup, and need to find a cheap block for my ATI Radeon HD 3450 video card. Anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know if it has generic mounting points?

More about : water cooling radeon 3450

March 23, 2009 5:04:00 PM

Forgot to mention it was the Asus Radeon HD 3450 that is silently cooled. See it here:
Newegg Link
m
l
March 23, 2009 5:05:58 PM

Your joking ...right ? You can buy those fanless why would you want to Water cool one ? Im guessing that it dosent have a stock cooler available as there really is no need.

Mactronix
m
l
Related resources
March 23, 2009 5:08:02 PM

It does have a silent cooler, but it also gets too hot next to my x1 slot which has my tv tuner on it. That causes my tv tuner to overheat and not function correctly. It also causes the CPU fan to spool up and down annoyingly
m
l
March 23, 2009 6:23:53 PM

Why? The ram doesn't even touch the heatsink that is on it now, only the GPU itself
m
l

Best solution

March 23, 2009 6:57:06 PM

Go to the danger den site and see if they have anything that looks suitable.

Mactronix
March 30, 2009 2:10:08 PM

I just reread what salem80 said and it makes sense now. I plan to watercool the p4 and the GPU. Still looking for a waterblock that will fit on the 3450... Dangerden didn't really have anything.
m
l
March 31, 2009 12:40:28 PM

abuthemagician said:
I just reread what salem80 said and it makes sense now. I plan to watercool the p4 and the GPU. Still looking for a waterblock that will fit on the 3450... Dangerden didn't really have anything.

what your full HTPC setup ..(CPU..MOBO..VGA) if you not done from it ...
Because could find better setup for you ...
m
l
March 31, 2009 1:00:07 PM

basically i am just trying to cool down the video card and processor. I don't have much to spend and could care less about what it looks like inside the case. The reason i am looking to watercool it is the fact that there is only 1 PCIE x16 and one PCI x1 slot, and they are right next to each other. My Video card takes up the x16 and my tv card takes up the x1. That leaves very little room between the two, and it adds enough heat to the case to make the cpu fan spool up and down constantly. Other than that I am extremely happy with the setup. All I really need to know i guess is what water blocks will fit on the 3450. I plan to find the p4 cooler on ebay or somewhere else.
m
l
!