Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 260 216

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 23, 2009 5:09:02 PM

quick question...
is it true that the 216 can overclock to stock 280 performance levels?

im asking cause there's one in newegg for just $180, bfg tech lifetime warranty...
looks pretty good to me...

thanks...

link in case u want to see is
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : gtx 260 216

March 23, 2009 6:37:41 PM

Very likely, but of course there are never any guarantees when OCing.
March 23, 2009 9:45:08 PM

BFG does not include overclocking in there warranty. If you overclock you void the warranty.
"

APPLIES TO ALL GRAPHICS CARDS INTRODUCED BY BFG ON OR AFTER 2/21/08

BFG Technologies warrants to the original purchaser of the graphics card included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser (residing in the United States or Canada) owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. For original purchasers residing in areas outside the USA or Canada, the limited warranty for graphic cards shall be for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase.

In connection with such Limited Lifetime or Ten Year Warranty, all BFG graphics cards introduced on or after February 21, 2008 must be registered on www.bfgtech.com within thirty (30) calendar days of the original purchase date to activate the limited lifetime warranty or limited ten (10) year warranty. Products not properly registered will be covered from the date of purchase by a two (2) year warranty in Europe, and a one (1) year limited warranty in the U.S. and other countries. Proper registration includes submitting proof of purchase to BFG.

This warranty is VOID if the product:

* Has evidence of the serial number sticker being altered, removed, replaced, or defaced.

* Was damaged while being installed.

* Was damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.

* Was not operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.

* Was modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies. "
http://www.bfgtech.com/warranty.aspx
Related resources
March 23, 2009 10:10:22 PM

chef7734 said:
BFG does not include overclocking in there warranty. If you overclock you void the warranty.
"

APPLIES TO ALL GRAPHICS CARDS INTRODUCED BY BFG ON OR AFTER 2/21/08

BFG Technologies warrants to the original purchaser of the graphics card included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser (residing in the United States or Canada) owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. For original purchasers residing in areas outside the USA or Canada, the limited warranty for graphic cards shall be for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase.

In connection with such Limited Lifetime or Ten Year Warranty, all BFG graphics cards introduced on or after February 21, 2008 must be registered on www.bfgtech.com within thirty (30) calendar days of the original purchase date to activate the limited lifetime warranty or limited ten (10) year warranty. Products not properly registered will be covered from the date of purchase by a two (2) year warranty in Europe, and a one (1) year limited warranty in the U.S. and other countries. Proper registration includes submitting proof of purchase to BFG.

This warranty is VOID if the product:

* Has evidence of the serial number sticker being altered, removed, replaced, or defaced.

* Was damaged while being installed.

* Was damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.

* Was not operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.

* Was modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies. "
http://www.bfgtech.com/warranty.aspx

So what exactly does the warranty even cover?

I would get the card anyway, just because it is a good deal :D .
March 23, 2009 10:31:14 PM

You should check out xfx or evga. They cover pretty much everything onthier warrenty. You can overclock, remove the cooler as long as you replace it when you ship back to them. XFX also covers the person that buys the card from you.
March 24, 2009 1:30:27 AM

I just bought a pair of XFX Black Edition 260s... 216 cores and oc'd to 666MHz and 2300MHz memory.

XFX 260 B.E. vs. XFX 285 B.E.
666MHz - 690MHz
216 Cores - 240 Cores
896GB 448-bit @ 2300MHz - 1GB 512-bit @ 2600MHz

When you consider that a B.E. 260 is $200 from Newegg, and a B.E. 285 is $400, it's a great deal even for the slight performance hit.
March 24, 2009 5:20:03 AM

well, theres a sparkle for the same price and it includes codwaw, so i'll just get that one... considering i will overclock my card, so i dont care about the warranty, and all 260 216's are the same except for the sticker... right??

mir doesnt work for me... i don't live in the us anymore... i would be ordering it to a friend's house and sending it to Nicaragua...
March 24, 2009 6:31:34 AM

Nica Guy said:
well, theres a sparkle for the same price and it includes codwaw, so i'll just get that one... considering i will overclock my card, so i dont care about the warranty, and all 260 216's are the same except for the sticker... right??

mir doesnt work for me... i don't live in the us anymore... i would be ordering it to a friend's house and sending it to Nicaragua...

Why don't you care about warranty? What happens if for some reason you start to overclock and something goes wrong and you fry the card. You are out the 180.00. If you spend a bit more on a card that warranty allows overclocking and even cooler removal, you are safe if anything happens. Both EVGA and XFX start around 200 for the core 216. XFX comes with either far cry 2 and evga comes with either Mirrors Edge, COD 5, or far cry 2.
!