Constant crashing in games!!!

Marnus1993

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
I recently installed a new mobo and cpu and now whenever I am in a game it crashes, requiring a reset to fix it, I can play a game for about 10 minutes before it crashes.
It runs completely fine when not in Games

Here is my specs

Motherboard: Asus m3n78-vm
GPU: Msi 9800gt 512 mb
PSU: COOLERMASTER SILENT PRO 600W PSU
Ram: 4 gigs DDR2 667mhz
CPU: AMD Phenom 9750 X4 - 2.4ghz

I have installed all latest bios updates and drivers
Is there maybe an issue with my cpu mobo combination?

55 C idle is pretty high, but probably not enough to cause system freezes. Coolermaster isn't known for making great PSU's. I'd have to say that the problem probably lies with either the PSU or RAM. Did you manually set the RAM timings and voltage to the manufacturers specs when you installed the new motherboard? What is the exact model of RAM?

Marnus1993

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
The psu worked fine in my old setup which just had another mobo and cpu, No i didn't manually change it. Should the correct timings andVoltage be in the mobo manual?

A lot of RAM have the timings and voltage printed on a sticker on the RAM. The correct RAM timings and voltage won't be printed in the motherboard owners manual since the RAM manufacturers set the specs for their own RAM.

Marnus1993

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Yes same RAM and gpu, Im not so sure about changing the timings and voltages so I will probably have to take this to someone with more technical know how. Unless you have other suggestions. Thx