Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Please help with choosing my type of water cooling I am a newbe at this.

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
September 24, 2010 6:46:18 PM

Please help with choosing my type of water cooling I am a newbe at this.

My system specs are
MOBO ( P5Q PRO TURBO )
CPU ( Q9550 )
I want water cooling for my CPU only
Typically I want 5.25 inch water reservoir in one drive bay a good water block for an LGA775 water hoses and a good PUMP.
The main problem that I have is that I am using 8gigs of hyperx ram with ram cooling part name (KHX-FAN) and most CPU heat sinks won’t fit on the motherboard because the ram is so close to the CPU and my KHX-FAN gives me even less space. I want to set the CPU BUS speed to 425MHz with adequate cooling and it seems that water cooling is the best option & I have never used or setup internal water cooling but want to try it so I am looking for good brands I also want to know the risk of water cooling failures IE a leakage or any other types of failures thanks.

More about : choosing type water cooling newbe

Best solution

October 3, 2010 12:37:27 AM

You don't need water cooling for those clock speeds unless other components in your comp generate a lot of ambient heat. My Q9550 is currently clocked at 3.8 ghz (450 mhz FSB with 8.5x) and it can run fine with a Zalman CNPS9700.

That said, this fan is huge, so if you have coolers on your ram you may need something smaller like liquid cooling. Just not for cooling purposes.
a c 139 à CPUs
a c 242 K Overclocking
November 2, 2010 7:00:14 AM

tuniq tower 120 Extreme more cool than Zalman
www.frostytech.com
m
l
December 7, 2010 4:40:39 AM

Best answer selected by Michael775.
m
l
!