8GB or more memory

alkampfer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Hi to everyone. I own actually a PC with asus P5KPL that supports only 4 GB memory max. I need to move to 8GB or more memory. I did a search in the net to find motherboard with 8gb ram support, but I'm quite lost in the options.

Moreover I use three monitor with 2 video card, (one is PCI) and I wish to move towards a motherboard with SLI or Crossfire support.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks to everyone for any help.

Alk.

alkampfer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Actually I have E8400 core 2 CPU, I also need another 1x PCI express for RAID card. I can also have the option to assemble a completely new pc, if necessary.

Thanks.

alk.

alkampfer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
I think I'll take this motherboard, as soon as my favorite local dealer will open again from vacation. The only feature that P5Q PRO TURBO socket 775 misses, but I do not need right now, is a PCI express 8x slot in addition to the 2 16x (crossfire) to add a SAS controller.

If anyone knows if asus produces a motherboard similar to the P5Q pro turbo but with another PCI-X 8x please let me know. ;) thanks again to everyone for the really useful help.

Alk.

alkampfer

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Thanks, now I own a P5q PRo Turbo Mobo and I'm very satisfied, I run W764 bit 8gb of memory and two ati in pci express with no problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

alk.