Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Tom's hardware guide

Last response: in Toms Network
February 4, 2011 10:43:10 PM

Hiyya all - probably in the wrong spot but it's the nearest I can find. The book in the thread title I would like to get (doing a build soon) and pricewise I can get it from the US cheaper than in Australia.

But before I go ahead and get this book would like some others opinions on whether it would be right / good buy for a teknocompromised person such as myself. :sol: 

More about : tom hardware guide

Best solution

February 5, 2011 11:15:51 AM

I like this site and it is very helpful; however, the book is from 1998 and will be a little outdated.

If you goal is to learn about computers in general, the basic concepts described should still hold true.
February 5, 2011 11:08:47 PM

Best answer selected by HighPass46.
m
l
February 5, 2011 11:08:48 PM

THanks Emerald it's the basics I am after really. Used to do a bit of electronic stuff back when I was younf bloke - audio mainly mono / stereo and - with valves (vacuum tubes) then along came IC's pretty basic stuff then and the CPU's and chipest these days are light years ahead of what I understand.
Plus I do seem to irritate some of the younger tech savvy folks with stuff I ask - and although they can be pretty rude at times, then there are other times when it's quite entertaining to seee what they write. Having said that I don't like the language at times especially when there are the fairer sex on the forums. Call me old fashioned I suppose.
Anyway rambling (bad habit - but won't make me go blind LOL!!) thanks for your welcome reply again.
HP64
m
l
!