Solved

Tom's hardware guide

Hiyya all - probably in the wrong spot but it's the nearest I can find. The book in the thread title I would like to get (doing a build soon) and pricewise I can get it from the US cheaper than in Australia.

But before I go ahead and get this book would like some others opinions on whether it would be right / good buy for a teknocompromised person such as myself. :sol:
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hardware guide
  1. Best answer
    I like this site and it is very helpful; however, the book is from 1998 and will be a little outdated.

If you goal is to learn about computers in general, the basic concepts described should still hold true.
  2. Best answer selected by HighPass46.
  3. THanks Emerald it's the basics I am after really. Used to do a bit of electronic stuff back when I was younf bloke - audio mainly mono / stereo and - with valves (vacuum tubes) then along came IC's pretty basic stuff then and the CPU's and chipest these days are light years ahead of what I understand.
    Plus I do seem to irritate some of the younger tech savvy folks with stuff I ask - and although they can be pretty rude at times, then there are other times when it's quite entertaining to seee what they write. Having said that I don't like the language at times especially when there are the fairer sex on the forums. Call me old fashioned I suppose.
    Anyway rambling (bad habit - but won't make me go blind LOL!!) thanks for your welcome reply again.
    HP64
Ask a new question

Read More

Tom's Hardware Books