Solved

What am I doing wrong with my ram?

I have some ddr3 from ADATA, these, and they are rated at 1600mhz, with 9-9-9-24, but I cannot get it to run at that.

I have an MSI-e33 H55 mobo, and i don't know if that is the problem, I have my fsb @ 200, and my cpu multiplier 21, and that is rock stable, but when I try to overclock the ram and run intel burn test them my pc crashes. Also my temps seem fine, ~30c idle, and less than 60c after two hours of intel burn test.

Thanks, the rest of my system is as follows;
CPU-g6950 @ 4.2ghz with hyper 212+
RAM-Adata 1600mhz
PSU-Antec Neo Eco 520w
Mobo-MSI-e33
Case-CM 690
GPU-Integrated Intel Graphics

Note: This was my first build, so no previous experience overclocking.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what wrong
  1. Your Ram is rated to run at 1600 Mhz., if it won't run at the rated speed...........return it.
  2. What BIOS setting are you chaning to OC your RAM - and what are you setting it to? What other RAM settings have you configured? Have you set voltages manually in BIOS? Which ones and to what?
  3. @ RJR: I wish I could if it is an actual ram problem, not me, but I have had this build for a while, early Mayish, so I cannot take the ram back. I got a cooler about a month ago so I decided to try to overclock.

@ ekoostik: Like I said, I have the FSB at 200, and when I have the memory ratio to 4, it automatically sets it to 1600mhz, and I set the QPI ratio to 16, it sets that to 4800mhz, I have the voltage set at 1.65, that is all I changed.
  4. Best answer
    Try bumping up your QPI/Vtt voltage. Is it currently at 1.1? Try setting it to 1.15V. It's typically recommended to keep it no less than 0.5V below your DRAM V (1.65 - 0.5 = 1.15V) if stability is an issue. Intel states the QPI / Vtt typical V is 1.1V, the max is 1.155V while the absolute max is 1.4V (though you should not need to get near this). See tables 7-6 and 7-4 http://download.intel.com/design/processor/datashts/322909.pdf
  5. @ ekoostik
    Thank you so much, so far so good.
  6. Best answer selected by bwsx4xlyf3.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Intel Overclocking Product