/ Sign-up
Your question

Part for rca jacks in front panel

  • Tuner Cards
  • Computer
  • Front Panel
  • RCA
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
March 24, 2009 9:09:44 AM

Hi there, I'm in the process of building a computer... not that that part of it matters much but i would like a tv card in it, but more than that i would like it more if i could get the rca jacks to the front panel of the computer. Does anyone know of a product that can accomplish this? I found front x, seems ok, but i dont like the cords running out the back and then back in, I mean I can rig something like that. I would prefer it to be a unit something like the way a media card reader works. I know HP uses things like this so they must be available somewhere. Anyhow thanks for any help


More about : part rca jacks front panel

March 24, 2009 3:29:22 PM

SB Audigy with the front drive bay? I don't see any RCA out jacks on it, but you can always use one of the S/PDIF outs, or use an adapter for the headphone jack. I don't know why you'd want to use RCA out if you have S/PDIF at your disposal.
March 25, 2009 8:45:17 AM

yeah, not just for sound but for video too... so i'm sorry for any confusion. i have a pinnacle video capture device so last resort i could just use that. But it would have to plug into the back of the comp, like a reg. usb then run back into my comp so it looks ok from the front and that's essentially what the front-x does which is why i'm trying to avoid all that. just get a nice clean look on my new comp. oh and i'm looking for inputs not out, thanks again!

Related resources
March 25, 2009 3:35:30 PM

Ok, getting confused again. Your looking for something that handles video and sound? In or out? Only HDMI handles video and audio on the same cable. Video cards have outputs for this, I haven't seen any that have inputs. (not saying they don't exist, just saying I haven't seen any.) You want this to plug into the back or front?
March 26, 2009 6:24:00 AM

i was looking for inputs on the front of the computer. I know only HDMI handles it on one cable, I was specifically looking for rca jacks, you know the yellow, white and red ones. something like a video capture card thats internal, which isn't hard to find but is also front bay. which is apparently the tricky part. Like i said before i found a company called front-x but they use any normal pci capture card that where the wires are run outside of the computer and then back in, making it imo an absolute waste of time and money and energy. I have an external pinnacle that i could do the same thing with using a usb port. I know its a tough nut to crack but it has to be avail somewhere because several styles of boxed desktops come with them. If i would have thought them to be this hard to find i would never have looked and just started planning how to attatch my external internally.

March 26, 2009 6:28:45 PM

OR if anyone knows where i can get one of these cables (just the cable not the whole bracket) then i could just plug in my pinnacle internally and mod a 3.5" panel to hold the device. If nobody knows ill just go ahead and get the whole bracket and have spare parts....

March 26, 2009 8:12:41 PM

ok so i found the cable, so i can hook up the pinnacle internally, however if anyone does know of an actual internal unit for the front panel i would still be interested in it.