Sign in with
Your question

Noisy water Pump. Normal?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 26, 2010 3:59:12 AM

It sounds EXACTLY like a hard disk drive defragging.

And yes, I'm sure its coming from the pump, not a disk :na: 

Its an XSPC X2O 750 (reservoir/pump).

I don't know the flow rate, but it appears to be pumping OK (temps are good, but no reference 'cept on air)

Is it bad pump bearings, air in the line (I did seem to have a huge air pocket in the rad return line).

Thanks for any insight!
a b K Overclocking
September 26, 2010 7:23:46 AM

nois will occur from time to time especially on the beginning,tilt your unit to get rid of bubbles
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 28, 2010 2:05:50 AM

^ Yup. Me too think you have bubbles in your loop.
m
l
Related resources
a c 325 K Overclocking
September 28, 2010 2:31:16 AM

Yeah, most definitely air churning. As long as you keep working large bubbles out and keep replacing the air with water, you will be fine. Make sure you work the air bubbles out of your radiators; this is where you'll encounter the biggest issues with air in your system.
m
l
September 28, 2010 2:32:23 AM

+1 to air in loop.

But on a side note why does everybody have cat avatars, I mean it's not just you two here, but everyone everywhere?
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 28, 2010 6:57:01 AM

Lolcatz am imvadez teh forrumz hehe :p 
Moto
m
l
a c 325 K Overclocking
September 28, 2010 1:48:23 PM

I am a dog person, in real life. I don't mind cats, but I'd rather have dogs. To each his own...
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 28, 2010 3:32:42 PM

You've never seen Lolcats on Icanhascheeseburger. com?
not eveyones cup of char I'll admit but some cute funny animal pics always brighten my day up :) 
Moto
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 28, 2010 9:55:01 PM

cats are cool and funny,love dogs to but cats are just different
m
l
December 20, 2012 11:21:33 AM

Yea, i have the same problem with this pump (which is what brought me here).. It's not like a dark, fan-like sound, but rather a high-frequenzy REALLY annoying sound coming from the pump. I DO NOT have any air bubbles, at all, and even though the pump/reservoar is not 100% full, there is no air coming into the pump. Its really just the engine making a frustrating noise.. I'd rather listen to the reference GPU fan than this :)  I have a fan controller, which on i set the radiator fans to max, and THEN i barely hear the pump <3. But those fans are loud too, so: is there a way to kinda "isolate" using rubber or something, to fix this? A friend has the same pump/res (wc kit) and has the same sound..

Does the noise get better? Is this usual? Can it be fixed?
Thx ;) 

m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 3:29:03 PM

Is it a v2 pump?
I have three of these now and all of them are silent, res 100% full,
if you are having a persistant whine then I would Rma to the vendor,
Moto
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 4:47:00 PM

Well, what I gathered from this thread is that you probably have a cat stuck in the loop.

Wait, is that right..?
m
l
!