  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
March 8, 2005 3:46:00 AM

Hi all,
I know there is a fix (program) for this but I don't remember what its
called. Here's the problem.. A few of the recolored objects I downloaded
are all blue, (flashing). I am pretty sure I remember a file that was needed
for new colors, but can't find it. I know I had it before I had to re
installed Sims2 due to University install problems, but now I can't find it
and don't remember the name.
Many Thanks,
Mazz

More about : flashing blue objects

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:07:21 PM

The colour enabler is available at MTS2, of course your objects might just
be incompatible.

MM

"Mazz" <lynettemozziotti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I know there is a fix (program) for this but I don't remember what its
> called. Here's the problem.. A few of the recolored objects I downloaded
> are all blue, (flashing). I am pretty sure I remember a file that was
needed
> for new colors, but can't find it. I know I had it before I had to re
> installed Sims2 due to University install problems, but now I can't find
it
> and don't remember the name.
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
> Many Thanks,
> Mazz

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:07:22 PM

Thank you,
Mazz
news:D shXd.189424$K7.67320@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> The colour enabler is available at MTS2, of course your objects might just
> be incompatible.
>
> MM
>

> "Mazz" <lynettemozziotti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > I know there is a fix (program) for this but I don't remember what its
> > called. Here's the problem.. A few of the recolored objects I
downloaded
> > are all blue, (flashing). I am pretty sure I remember a file that was
> needed
> > for new colors, but can't find it. I know I had it before I had to re
> > installed Sims2 due to University install problems, but now I can't find
> it
> > and don't remember the name.
> > Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
> > Many Thanks,
> > Mazz

March 8, 2005 4:19:24 PM

news:D shXd.189424$K7.67320@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> The colour enabler is available at MTS2, of course your objects might just
> be incompatible.
>
> MM

What is the most efficient way to identify and remove the incompatible
objects? I haven't downloaded much but I have a few curtains and odds and
ends.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:19:25 PM

"Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> news:D shXd.189424$K7.67320@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > The colour enabler is available at MTS2, of course your objects might
just
> > be incompatible.
> >
> > MM
> >
> What is the most efficient way to identify and remove the incompatible
> objects? I haven't downloaded much but I have a few curtains and odds and
> ends.
===
This is how I did it:
Went to an empty lot, set out all the objects one category at a time, (this
is because sometimes the thumbnail looks good even though the object isn't)
took the design tool (the one with little fabric swatches) and went through
and deleted each one that turned blue. I use this tool because you don't
have to find your place each time you delete.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 7:17:52 PM

"JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@JulyRaine.Com> wrote in message

> "Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> news:D shXd.189424$K7.67320@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> > The colour enabler is available at MTS2, of course your objects might
> just
>> > be incompatible.
>> >
>> > MM
>> >
>> What is the most efficient way to identify and remove the incompatible
>> objects? I haven't downloaded much but I have a few curtains and odds
>> and
>> ends.
> ===
> This is how I did it:
> Went to an empty lot, set out all the objects one category at a time,
> (this
> is because sometimes the thumbnail looks good even though the object
> isn't)
> took the design tool (the one with little fabric swatches) and went
> through
> and deleted each one that turned blue. I use this tool because you don't
> have to find your place each time you delete.

Thanks, I'll do that. I have downloaded objects in subfiles so it shouldn't
be too bad.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 8:23:40 PM

They're called police lights. When you see them, pull over and wait for
the officer to come over to your car. ;-)

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

>> This is how I did it:
>> Went to an empty lot, set out all the objects one category at a time,
>> (this
>> is because sometimes the thumbnail looks good even though the object
>> isn't)
>> took the design tool (the one with little fabric swatches) and went
>> through
>> and deleted each one that turned blue. I use this tool because you
>> don't have to find your place each time you delete.
>>

> Thanks, I'll do that. I have downloaded objects in subfiles so it
> shouldn't be too bad.

I didn't think you could put them in subfiles and still have them show up.
If you can, I'd love to do that. That downloads folder is confusing!

Jeanie
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 8:56:18 PM

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> They're called police lights. When you see them, pull over and wait for
> the officer to come over to your car. ;-)

I didn't pull over. I think that's what has gotten the dog in a lather.
I have a pounding headache and I keep seeing flashing lights....

-georg
:)
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 2:12:36 AM

You can put downloaded objects in a subfolder.

When all the downloading started and we all thought that it was impossible
to use subfolders because AIUI you can't put clothes in subfolders I
developed a little renaming code to organise things in my folder.

-000o_ = a hack that manipulates an already existing object
-000a_ = a hack that allows sims to be directed to undertake a previously
unavailable option
-000b_ = a hack that causes 'spontaneous' previously unavailable behaviours
and actions
-0000_ = uncategorizable hacks
-0001_ = career packages
-0002_ = new NPC's
-0003_ = 3rd Party Objects
-0004_ = Make-up
-0005_ = floors
-0006_ = walls
-0007_ = alternative skin tones
-0008_ = default nude skin tones
-0009_ = clothing
-eyes_ = eyes
-hair_ = hair

I prefix all my new downloads with a number, the name of the site I got it
from and sometimes the actual creator if the file doesn't delineate a
creator. For example the first download listed below I added the number,
site and makers name, on the second I only added the number and the site.

-000b_MTS2_JMPescado_bringrealfriends.package I got this hack at MTS2,
it was made by JM Pescado and it causes the Sim to only bring people they
actually like around to your house when they ask if they can bring a friend.

-0004_Parsimonious_k8uukglosred.package I got this makeup
from Parsimonious Sims, it was made by Kate and it is a glossy red (lipstick
I'm sure)

But then recoloured objects started going funny if you renamed them (at
least that's how I think of it, as I actually remember it BG2 told us that
recoloured objects had always and would always become unusable it you
renamed them and we should put them in subfolders instead). So I started
doing that instead, putting each object I downloaded in a folder using the
name of the site from which I got it. I haven't tried sub-subfolders though,
so I don't know about them.

MM

> >> This is how I did it:
> >> Went to an empty lot, set out all the objects one category at a time,
> >> (this
> >> is because sometimes the thumbnail looks good even though the object
> >> isn't)
> >> took the design tool (the one with little fabric swatches) and went
> >> through
> >> and deleted each one that turned blue. I use this tool because you
> >> don't have to find your place each time you delete.
> >>

> > Thanks, I'll do that. I have downloaded objects in subfiles so it
> > shouldn't be too bad.
>
> I didn't think you could put them in subfiles and still have them show up.
> If you can, I'd love to do that. That downloads folder is confusing!
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 2:12:37 AM

So I started
> doing that instead, putting each object I downloaded in a folder using the
> name of the site from which I got it. I haven't tried sub-subfolders
though,
> so I don't know about them.
>
> MM

Um, that is what you are doing, those are sub-folders :)
I have a folder called Furniture then under that are different folders for
different sites, each with items from that site. I also have a separate
folder under downloads for my stuff and under that, folders for various sets
and such.
It all works wonderfully. Walls and Floors can be put into sub-folders too,
but i usually just have them with the sites under furniture.

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

> > > Thanks, I'll do that. I have downloaded objects in subfiles so it
> > > shouldn't be too bad.
> >
> > I didn't think you could put them in subfiles and still have them show
up.
> > If you can, I'd love to do that. That downloads folder is confusing!
> >
> > Jeanie

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:43:52 AM

G - I said sub-subfolders, like you just said that you kept everything in a
site folder under a furniture folder in Downloads. I only go one folder
deep.

MM

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> So I started
> > doing that instead, putting each object I downloaded in a folder using
the
> > name of the site from which I got it. I haven't tried sub-subfolders
> though,
> > so I don't know about them.
> >
> > MM
>
> Um, that is what you are doing, those are sub-folders :)
> I have a folder called Furniture then under that are different folders for
> different sites, each with items from that site. I also have a separate
> folder under downloads for my stuff and under that, folders for various
sets
> and such.
> It all works wonderfully. Walls and Floors can be put into sub-folders
too,
> but i usually just have them with the sites under furniture.
>

> > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

> > > I didn't think you could put them in subfiles and still have them show
> up.
> > > If you can, I'd love to do that. That downloads folder is confusing!
> > >
> > > Jeanie

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:43:53 AM

Okay, can't read tonight, lol, sorry :)

> G - I said sub-subfolders, like you just said that you kept everything in
> site folder under a furniture folder in Downloads. I only go one folder
> deep.
>
> MM

> > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > So I started
> > > doing that instead, putting each object I downloaded in a folder using
> the
> > > name of the site from which I got it. I haven't tried sub-subfolders
> > though,
> > > so I don't know about them.
> > >
> > > MM
> >
> > Um, that is what you are doing, those are sub-folders :)
> > I have a folder called Furniture then under that are different folders
for
> > different sites, each with items from that site. I also have a separate
> > folder under downloads for my stuff and under that, folders for various
> sets
> > and such.
> > It all works wonderfully. Walls and Floors can be put into sub-folders
> too,
> > but i usually just have them with the sites under furniture.
> >

> > > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

> time,
> object

> > up.

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:49:24 PM

> You can put downloaded objects in a subfolder.
>
> When all the downloading started and we all thought that it was impossible
> to use subfolders because AIUI you can't put clothes in subfolders I
> developed a little renaming code to organise things in my folder.
>
> -000o_ = a hack that manipulates an already existing object
> -000a_ = a hack that allows sims to be directed to undertake a previously
> unavailable option
> -000b_ = a hack that causes 'spontaneous' previously unavailable
> behaviours
> and actions
> -0000_ = uncategorizable hacks
> -0001_ = career packages
> -0002_ = new NPC's
> -0003_ = 3rd Party Objects
> -0004_ = Make-up
> -0005_ = floors
> -0006_ = walls
> -0007_ = alternative skin tones
> -0008_ = default nude skin tones
> -0009_ = clothing
> -eyes_ = eyes
> -hair_ = hair
>
> I prefix all my new downloads with a number, the name of the site I got it
> from and sometimes the actual creator if the file doesn't delineate a
> creator. For example the first download listed below I added the number,
> site and makers name, on the second I only added the number and the site.
>
> -000b_MTS2_JMPescado_bringrealfriends.package I got this hack at MTS2,
> it was made by JM Pescado and it causes the Sim to only bring people they
> actually like around to your house when they ask if they can bring a
> friend.
>
> -0004_Parsimonious_k8uukglosred.package I got this makeup
> from Parsimonious Sims, it was made by Kate and it is a glossy red
> (lipstick
> I'm sure)
>
> But then recoloured objects started going funny if you renamed them (at
> least that's how I think of it, as I actually remember it BG2 told us that
> recoloured objects had always and would always become unusable it you
> renamed them and we should put them in subfolders instead). So I started
> doing that instead, putting each object I downloaded in a folder using the
> name of the site from which I got it. I haven't tried sub-subfolders
> though,
> so I don't know about them.
>
> MM
>

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

>> > Thanks, I'll do that. I have downloaded objects in subfiles so it
>> > shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>> I didn't think you could put them in subfiles and still have them show
>> up.
>> If you can, I'd love to do that. That downloads folder is confusing!
>>
>> Jeanie

You are much more elaborate than I am, I just put the name the subfolder
named after the site, if there is a lot of stuff, I categorize it under the
subfolder in deeper folders. it all seems to be there.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 12:54:46 AM

> You are much more elaborate than I am, I just put the name the subfolder
> named after the site, if there is a lot of stuff, I categorize it under
the
> subfolder in deeper folders. it all seems to be there.

But when I started all this it was thought that folders didn't work. G I
wouldn't have done all that either if I'd thought that they did.

MM
March 10, 2005 11:37:22 AM

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > So I started
>> doing that instead, putting each object I downloaded in a folder using
>> the
>> name of the site from which I got it. I haven't tried sub-subfolders
> though,
>> so I don't know about them.
>>
>> MM
>
> Um, that is what you are doing, those are sub-folders :)
> I have a folder called Furniture then under that are different folders for
> different sites, each with items from that site. I also have a separate
> folder under downloads for my stuff and under that, folders for various
> sets
> and such.
> It all works wonderfully. Walls and Floors can be put into sub-folders
> too,
> but i usually just have them with the sites under furniture.

>> > I didn't think you could put them in subfiles and still have them show
> up.
>> > If you can, I'd love to do that. That downloads folder is confusing!
>> >
>> > Jeanie

So wish I'd known this earlier....with 7,208 files in my downloads folder
I'm not about to go and manually sort them...arrgghhh..... Not that I
probably could anyhow...!!!

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=...
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:41:59 PM

> "Nancy Scott" <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
>> You are much more elaborate than I am, I just put the name the subfolder
>> named after the site, if there is a lot of stuff, I categorize it under
> the
>> subfolder in deeper folders. it all seems to be there.
>>

> But when I started all this it was thought that folders didn't work. G I
> wouldn't have done all that either if I'd thought that they did.
>
> MM

I got very lucky. I am an ignorant sort who didn't know that the downloads
folder wasn't just like the original and just treated it as such. One of
the few times that ignorance actually is bliss.
!