tacohead

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Upgrading my sisters pc as it's quiet ancient and pcs are so cheap now days. Only really uses for browsing and playing WoW. I think I settled on the cpu Intel Pentium E5200 dual core but not quite sure on the mobo.

ASRock G31M-S Intel G31 is the cheapest but I never really heard of this one so was considering maybe getting the Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L Matx which is a tad more expensive but has a lot more listings.

http://www.pricespy.co.nz/cat_2.html to refer to price or maybe suggestion of different mobo. THanks guys.

Also what would be a good choice for graphics card.

I just snagged an ASRock G31M-S to be basis for my Home Theater PC. Been running for over a month now and it is solid, stable, and have not had any issues whatsoever. It is an excellent mobo for a general use/light gaming machine. This is my third ASRock mobo and I have come to believe that they are the best of the low-end board makers. Unless you just all out get a booty board, the G31M-S is a good choice.

HTPC Specs...
ASRock G31M-S
Celeron E1400
1GB G-Skill DDR2-800
EVGA 9600GT
XP 32bit

btw---ASRock is actually the generic name brand for Asus.

The ATI 4550 or 4650 would make a nice low end video card in the $50 range, or the 4850 for around $100.