Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo Voltage Settings for E6300

Last response: in Motherboards
August 8, 2009 2:05:19 PM

Hi there guys

I need some help with the voltage settings on an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo.
'My girlfriend has an E6300 with the stock cooler and we're trying to get a decent overclock for kicks and so we can game Fallout3 on the PC , but I'm uncertain as to what voltage settings to use in the BIOS.

I've tried taking the voltages off of AUTO, but this usually results in instability (won't boot into windows, or the PC gives a BSOD when I get windows to do a performance evaluation score).

I think I'm setting the voltages too low, but I haven't been able to find any references on the internet to help me out.
Problem is, I want the voltages as low as possible, so the temps don't become too toasty, so I would appreciate it if anyone else with this MB or something similar could give me some advice.

Thanks in advance
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2009 12:46:41 PM

Download CoreTemp, run it, the VID value it reports its your cpus default voltage. As for overclocking, depending on what you aim for you will have to raise voltage sooner rather than later. Many many people OCd e6300 and theres plenty of info to use as reference, just google "overclocking e6300". But thats how you should use it, AS REFERENCE, do not blindly copy them
!